What's new

Finally tried The PUMA

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
After an amateur honing job by me, my antique store find Puma got it's debut on my face on my 47th Birthday today. I really liked it. Wonder if I got it honed by a true honemeister what it would be like?! May have to ship it off to make it scary sharp..... here is a pic of my Luxury Birthday Shave setup...

Congrats on the B-day!

Those Pumas are great shavers. I haven't heard of a single person who was not happy with a well-honed one

Cheers
Ivo

After an amateur honing job by me, my antique store find Puma got it's debut on my face on my 47th Birthday today. I really liked it. Wonder if I got it honed by a true honemeister what it would be like?! May have to ship it off to make it scary sharp..... here is a pic of my Luxury Birthday Shave setup...

Happy B-day Mike!! :a50: :happybday: :a50:

I wish I could find an affordable one to try. I hear lots of good things, but the prices rapidly go beyond my comfort zone.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I wish I could find an affordable one to try. I hear lots of good things, but the prices rapidly go beyond my comfort zone.

Jay..This one set me back a whopping 18 bucks and it came with a pristine original box! Found it at a St Pete Florida Antique mall. I have WAYYYYYY too many Straight razors now.... I need to find the handfull or so that I'm gonna keep. The acquisition of Straight razors may be my most powerful AD!

Mike - nice Happy Birthday shaver! Was the original box one of those wooden slip together boxes? Those are as cool as the razors!

Jay..This one set me back a whopping 18 bucks and it came with a pristine original box! Found it at a St Pete Florida Antique mall. I have WAYYYYYY too many Straight razors now.... I need to find the handfull or so that I'm gonna keep. The acquisition of Straight razors may be my most powerful AD!
That has gotta be impressive Mike if the pull and the results were greater than what you went through with DE RAD!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Rob...No the box wasn't wooden...I'll take a pic of it and show sometime soon.
just a simple "pasteboard" box but in very nice condition.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
That has gotta be impressive Mike if the pull and the results were greater than what you went through with DE RAD!

Rustyblade (Richard from SMF) says it best...Straights are the CRACK Cocaine of the shaving world.... NOT that I've tried crack....but you get the point....

Weeeeelllll, if that's one you decide not to keep, let me know. :biggrin:

Ill be more than happy to take them off your hands! ;) Happy BDay!:lol:

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I anticipate having about a dozen or so out of the collection by the end of February. I have sworn to myself to NOT buy anymore razors or brushes in 2008!

I anticipate having about a dozen or so out of the collection by the end of February. I have sworn to myself to NOT buy anymore razors or brushes in 2008!

Mike, I resolved on January 1 to buy no more razors this year. :redface:
As Hamlet said, this may be more honored in the breach than the observance. Got this one today.

Norm

Top Bottom