What's new

Finally, my own shaving cabinet

I finally hung a cabinet in the bathroom that houses all of my shaving goods. I had previously been using the bottom of the vanity and having to share it with my wife. Now I am free!

Mark H

I finally hung a cabinet in the bathroom that houses all of my shaving goods. I had previously been using the bottom of the vanity and having to share it with my wife. Now I am free!

Mark H

For now...she'll use this as an excuse to purchase more girlie items and begin storing them in your cabinet. :bored:

Invest in a lock. :sneaky2:

Ahhh......The feeling of your first shaving cabinet. I remember those days fondly. Congatulations. Just don't get comfortable with the idea this is the end of it. Before long you will need your own seperate bathroom!

DL

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
No Pictures?:001_huh:

proxy.php

I deleted the last post and replaced it since this is the first time I posted pictures on this site.

proxy.php

proxy.php

See pictures on post #9. It was taken with a wide angle lens, so there is some distortion making the shelves not look level.

Got tired of one shelf in the Medicine Cabinet & a 12" X 24" piece of counter, had Christmas week off with nothing to do:

One Wine Case 12"W x 19 1/2"L x 4"D, w/ Top- Free
18" 3/8 round dowel- in Garage
Screws- Laying around the house
Glue (White School type)- see "Screws"
One can Clear Coat- $5.00
Two packs(4 piece) "VELCRO" Rounds- $7.50
Two wall anchors & Hanging Wire- on hand
all screw holes were pre- drilled and four coats of Clear Coat were applied prior to assembly.

Tools Available:
Radial Saw, Level, Ryko Power Driver (drill & screw driver), Tape Measure, Hammer, Manual Screw Driver for delicate work

I cut the wood top into 4 pieces to fit inside case, glued one piece as base shelf, two spaced shelves in case and one on top, ~7 1/2" (cut dowel) above top of the case, for SBs hung by Velcro rounds.

Cut four strips left over from the case top, and screwed to each side of the case, as shelf runners. After Base shelf dried, 24 hours, inner shelves were added, the Hanging Wire and the Velcro rounds were applied, it was time to hang and stock.

It's not the prettiest or roomiest thing, but IT'S MY OWN SPACE, and I accomplished it with a limited supply of tools, BUT A WHOLE LOT OF TIME.

Here's some pix taken with my cell, not the greatest but I need to wrestle the DC away from SWMBO :w00t: , didn't mean to hijack the thread, apologies to those who may be offended :blushing:

What are you going to do when you run out of space in there, back to the vanity?

There is another wall in this master bathroom. :lol:

I have my blades in a drawer in the bedroom. The razor and brush are on a stand on the vanity, so they are not in the picture.

I also kept one cologne bottle in the bottom of the vanity to not lose it entirely to my wife. :001_smile

Besides, she has the absolutely huge vanity in the main bathroom and has a closet large enough for a hot water tank (no tank in it) completely filled with her stuff.

Mark H

It is very nice,Where did you find it?

I bought the cabinet at Lowe's and installed it myself. It was the only cabinet I found that matches our vanity. We did not want to spend a large amount of money on it, since we might change the vanity out in the future (along with the wall cabinet).

Mark H

Top Bottom