What's new

Finally, my new Ming Shi

I couldn't wait.
At 11pm yesterday evening I grabbed my Ming shi and felt that I just had to shave.
I usually shave every other day and last night I had about 30 hours of stubble.

Quick shower and then I lathered up with Palmolive Shaving Creme and, here I go...
I started at 4 but felt that I had to go down to 3 for my first pass WTG and XTG.
It felt like the blade (Ming Shi blade) were too thin and not so stable on setting 4, felt like when I tried to shave with the Swedish Rijk super thin blades with my R41.

Third pass ATG I took it down to 2 and the end result was a pretty close but no BBS shave.

The good news is that I didn't cut myself once, the razor felt incredibly smooth and soft.
Will test with other blades and see which ones are best suited.

This one can probably be my new favorite razor

I couldn't wait.
At 11pm yesterday evening I grabbed my Ming shi and felt that I just had to shave.
I usually shave every other day and last night I had about 30 hours of stubble.

Quick shower and then I lathered up with Palmolive Shaving Creme and, here I go...
I started at 4 but felt that I had to go down to 3 for my first pass WTG and XTG.
It felt like the blade (Ming Shi blade) were too thin and not so stable on setting 4, felt like when I tried to shave with the Swedish Rijk super thin blades with my R41.

Third pass ATG I took it down to 2 and the end result was a pretty close but no BBS shave.

The good news is that I didn't cut myself once, the razor felt incredibly smooth and soft.
Will test with other blades and see which ones are best suited.

This one can probably be my new favorite razor

The Futur clone of made to the same specs will make it a truly fun razor. My Futur with a Nacet is a wonderful shaver and quite exciting as it really buzzes!

Enjoy and happy shaves!

Tried the razor again tonight .
Loaded with an Astra SP it was a big difference compared to yesterday's shave with Ming Shi's own blade .
With the Astra I did the two first passes on setting 4, and did the finishing on setting 2.
Really smooth shave , completely irritation free and BBS .
I believe this little budget razor can be my new favorite

I have a Qshave which most think is virtually the same. It also gives a good shave as long as the blade gap is checked. Not used as much as it deserves, but I’ve too many choices.
Enjoy.

I have a Qshave which most think is virtually the same. It also gives a good shave as long as the blade gap is checked. Not used as much as it deserves, but I’ve too many choices.
Enjoy.

I have heard/read of the Qshave clone.
Ming Shi is a bit cheaper, but after two shaves it's really good.
Blade alignment and blade gap seems to be perfect so far.

Too many choices? lol
I have only four razors, so far :)

Top Bottom