What's new

Finally, my new Ming Shi

Finally...
IMG_20190503_175000.jpg
After two months, my Ming Shi 2000s was in the mailbox when I got home.
I will try it tomorrow and from what I can understand it's a bit of a lottery with Ming Shi and Qshave Futur clones.

I have loaded it with a Ming Shi blade and everything looks just fine, the blade alignment is identical on both sides.
It's heavier than I expected but it feels quite good in my hand.

Don’t have one but when they’re good all around, I heard the shave is nice.

I’d lose the Ming Shi blade though. I have some that came with my MS 3000S that are still in the package.

Don’t have one but when they’re good all around, I heard the shave is nice.

I’d lose the Ming Shi blade though. I have some that came with my MS 3000S that are still in the package.

I'm just reading about the blades here at B&B.
Both good and bad reviews.
Some say it's smooth and sharp, others say it's garbage.
I think I have to try one and see if it's good or bad for me and my face :)

Well, I just used my Ming Shi today with a Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium blade. Excellent shave. I ve had it now for 2 years and I find that I probably use it 30% of the time. The Ming Shi blade is crap basically.
Good luck!

I have been using mine now for three weeks daily shave with derby extra or premium the only tip I can give is when swapping blades check the alignment . if it seems a bit off hold it cap up and just pop one end of the cap off and back on as sometimes the blade can get caught on the two little shoulders in the middle . otherwise enjoy .

I owned an Qshave for a while. To improve grip a used heat shrink tubing on the handle. If you can get the right size it fits perfectly. Sadly I didnt take pics from it.

Thanks for your respond, guys :)

I will try it tomorrow.
If it's not good I will try it with another blade.

This is my first ever adjustable razor so, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that it's a good idea to go with a sharper blade on low settings and maybe a smoother/milder blade on the higher settings?

@lurchbrian
Thanks for the tip :)

I will try it tomorrow.

This is my first ever adjustable razor so, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that it's a good idea to go with a sharper blade on low settings and maybe a smoother/milder blade on the higher settings?

@lurchbrian

My advice to to use the settings to your advantage instead of keeping it on only one setting. I go both WTG and XTG on the first pass at a higher setting and finish with a lower setting ATG. I do this with all of my adjustables. Some people are big on starting low and ending with aggressive settings, but I personally get irritation doing this. Really depends on your skin, both ways work for me, just my way, for me just works better.

First time seeing a Futur copy. If an American seller is getting 12.99 for them, then the manufacturer must be able to crank them out CHEAP.

First time seeing a Futur copy. If an American seller is getting 12.99 for them, then the manufacturer must be able to crank them out CHEAP.

I bought mine from China, gave SEK 146 (Euro 14,50) incl taxes and shipping to Sweden.
Well spent money :)

My advice to to use the settings to your advantage instead of keeping it on only one setting. I go both WTG and XTG on the first pass at a higher setting and finish with a lower setting ATG. I do this with all of my adjustables. Some people are big on starting low and ending with aggressive settings, but I personally get irritation doing this. Really depends on your skin, both ways work for me, just my way, for me just works better.

I think I will start off in the middle, and maybe adjust after a few strokes.
Normally I go WTG and XTG with my R41 and take the final polishing ATG with my Feather Popular because of the same problem as you have with irritation.

I have a clone and a real Futur. The Futur is just so darned aggressive, I use the clone almost exclusively.

hi I started using mine on #2 with a derby premium but once I found the angle I have moved up to #4 for my first 2 passes then drop it down to #2 to finish off the shave . have also found that they dont realy like your real thick cushion lather but act better with a wetter slicker lather . hope this helps

HATED mine at first. Flipped the plate flipped the spring. Flipped the top plate... cursed.

Then after all that and walking away I found an even blade gap on each side. The gap looks scary but it's not. The feedback is loud. The shave surprisingly quicker than most. Get awesome shaves from it now. Just goes to show you really need to give a new razor a good go before you right it off.

At the $8 dlvd at the time it's hard to knock.

I will try it tomorrow.

@lurchbrian

all I can say is I like mine but try a few blades till you find one you like in it .

Top Bottom