What's new

Fili love what makes it so good!

I’m no expert either but it seems like all the Taurino blades are 1/4 hollows and with the excessive wear that razor has it has made the grind look more wedge-like than it should. If you look at the heel its got a bit more convex to it.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
They made 1/4 hollow 13s (at least) for the Japanese market. If yours is a Japanese market razor, it should have a number stamped on the monkeytail, like ‘13P’, ‘13S’, etc. Got a picture of the monkeytail?

My favorite grind, @Cleanface :). To the best of my knowledge, Filarmonica only made a 1/4 hollow in the 13 MT. The 14 MT is full hollow. If I could go back in time, I would custom order a 14 MT with a 1/4 hollow grind.

They made 1/4 hollow 13s (at least) for the Japanese market. If yours is a Japanese market razor, it should have a number stamped on the monkeytail, like ‘13P’, ‘13S’, etc. Got a picture of the monkeytail?
It was cut off in the picture but I mentioned it in the text 13P.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Yep, Japanese market. The 13 of course is the size, and the other letter, as best tht I can tell, indicated who was responsible for the warranty in Japan. Apparently the importer/dealer was responsible not the Filarmonica factory, which makes sense given the time it would have taken to send it from Japan to Spain and back.

My favorite grind, @Cleanface :). To the best of my knowledge, Filarmonica only made a 1/4 hollow in the 13 MT. The 14 MT is full hollow. If I could go back in time, I would custom order a 14 MT with a 1/4 hollow grind.
Frank…they made 14 Taurino razors that weren’t full hollow.
E9E966A2-C3AA-4641-847C-74CB2F6362CE.jpeg
B6E49B96-1BDC-4419-98B5-2D4206C51FA0.jpeg

Thanks, Matt!

I am working on a time machine and targeting 1969 - so I can go back in time and order an early second-generation 14 MT with a 1/4 hollow grind :).

Or just go to Woodstock ….

My mother and I drove past Woodstock that weekend on our way home from visiting her father in Pearl River. I was 12. By chance, we had a new copy of Led Zeppelin's first album on vinyl that we had bought at Corvette's. It was a long time ago, but I remember people walking on the side of the highway.

My mother and I drove past Woodstock that weekend on our way home from visiting her father in Pearl River. I was 12. By chance, we had a new copy of Led Zeppelin's first album on vinyl that we had bought at Corvette's. It was a long time ago, but I remember people walking on the side of the highway.
One of them was probably me.

One of them was probably me.:a39:

I just bought a fil 13 like the one shown in Eastcoast30 post. It's a bit beat up with stains. I think there are few small chips on it. I will show it here when it arrives. I think it will be a good project for me. I'm still a newbie. Is there a good post/guide on restoration? My plan is to clean off the stains/rust first, then hone it on my king whetstones 1000/6000 until the chips are gone. Any suggestion is welcome

Top Bottom