What's new

Figaro Crema Da Barba

Hello All,
It’s late so I don’t know how coherent this is for a first time post.

First time poster, LONG time lurker (over a year) A little history (maybe this should be in an introductory forum). I’ve been wet shaving for about 15 years. Until about 2 years ago mostly soaps, C&E, Col. Conk and whatever I found here and there. Nothing serious.
They have tended to last a long time and I never really looked online. Unfortunately I found B&B and started getting into creams. My collection isn’t huge (about 4 tubs of the 3T’s and some Italian items in my rotation)

Anyway, I’m Italian-American and still have family in Italy (Florence, Rome and Sicily) In Dec 2005 we visited family in Florence and I loaded up on whatever shaving items I could find. Proraso-all kinds, Prep, SMN – which I now have heard is just similar proraso in a nice jar. But I just had to stop in and get something.

One item that I’ve never seen anyone talk about is Figaro crema da barba. It comes in a tub very similar to proraso, but red. It’s got a consistency that is more of a cream than proraso's soap, but the main difference is a very pronounced Almond smell that I kind of like. A relative came to visit recently and brought several tubs of it for me.

Has anyone used it? Know of it? Any opinions?

Hello All,
It’s late so I don’t know how coherent this is for a first time post.

First time poster, LONG time lurker (over a year) A little history (maybe this should be in an introductory forum). I’ve been wet shaving for about 15 years. Until about 2 years ago mostly soaps, C&E, Col. Conk and whatever I found here and there. Nothing serious.
They have tended to last a long time and I never really looked online. Unfortunately I found B&B and started getting into creams. My collection isn’t huge (about 4 tubs of the 3T’s and some Italian items in my rotation)

Anyway, I’m Italian-American and still have family in Italy (Florence, Rome and Sicily) In Dec 2005 we visited family in Florence and I loaded up on whatever shaving items I could find. Proraso-all kinds, Prep, SMN – which I now have heard is just similar proraso in a nice jar. But I just had to stop in and get something.

One item that I’ve never seen anyone talk about is Figaro crema da barba. It comes in a tub very similar to proraso, but red. It’s got a consistency that is more of a cream than proraso's soap, but the main difference is a very pronounced Almond smell that I kind of like. A relative came to visit recently and brought several tubs of it for me.

Welcome,
I just got back from a couple of weeks in Florence and Rome and visited a bunch of Profumerias and Farmacias and missed that. As I mentioned on another thread, I didn't find much of proraso either, but then I was in the Centro areas of both cities.

I haven't tried a google but I think you'll find a lot of people here are willing to try something new. This one sounds pretty nice and worth a shot.

From a fellow Italian-American, I hope you enjoy the board. Go to my web link and you'll see a bunch of photos from Italia.

Welcome (from yet another Italian-American, but from the mezzogiorno; my family arrived here in 1916 from Minori (near Amalfi) and 1896 from Scafati (near Pompei), both in the province of Salerno). Whereabouts on LI? I went to college on the east end, south fork.

The Figaro sounds appealing! (And what a great name--the Barber of Seville!) How do you like its performance?

Welcome (from yet another Italian-American, but from the mezzogiorno; my family arrived here in 1916 from Minori (near Amalfi) and 1896 from Scafati (near Pompei), both in the province of Salerno). Whereabouts on LI? I went to college on the east end, south fork.

The Figaro sounds appealing! (And what a great name--the Barber of Seville!) How do you like its performance?

I've been to Minori- a lovely little town with magnificent view!! My family also is from the mezzogiorno, not far from Salerno. It's beautiful country.

One item that I’ve never seen anyone talk about is Figaro crema da barba. It comes in a tub very similar to proraso, but red. It’s got a consistency that is more of a cream than proraso's soap, but the main difference is a very pronounced Almond smell that I kind of like.

Hello and welcome.
Figaro has been the first shaving cream that i used,the cream makes lots of tick long lasting lather but i found it quite drying on the skin and the artificial aroma gave me some irritation so i am not using it anymore.

The italian wilkinson sword shaving cream is almost the same thing,it comes in a light green tub instead of red and smells of mint ice cream vomit but unlike the figaro did not give bad reactions on my skin.

I quite like the figaro no alcool after shave balm,inexpensive (3€ for 150ml) ,effective and while the scent is not that great (too sweet IMHO) it fades away quickly so it wont interfere with your favorite fragrance.

Thanks for the very warm welcome! It's great to hear that at least others have heard of it and actually used it (though it looks like not with great results) I kind of like it. For the longest time I thought the scent was coconut. Only recently found out it's almond. As you can see, don't ask me for any descriptions of scents! Since I seem to like Almond, maybe there are other Almond scents I might like.

Did not see the Wilkinsons otherwise I would have gotten a jar

Top Bottom