What's new

Feather SR kamisori

Hey, I am having a panic attack because somebody posted a link to the Jatai sale and I have to decide between this and the normal folding version. I wasn't planning to buy yet, but here we are. Can anybody help me decide, other than buy both? 😬

I wanted a Kami because I thought it would be more maneuverable, but am starting to think being able to change the handle position on the folder might be a better fit for me.
I got the kami one and i really like it. Good balance. Nimble and fun to use. The grip is also good.

My first shave with the Feather SR kamisori .

Excellent Kami - the proguard blade mild compared to the feather professional one which I have used for 3 years with my KAI kamisori clone.

I also used the Truefitt & Hill : shaving cream and balm - nice .

Oumo synthetic brush.

IMG_20211116_143508~2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211118_001628~2.jpg
    IMG_20211118_001628~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20211116_143413~2.jpg
    IMG_20211116_143413~2.jpg
    552.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
My SR Kami is out for delivery today! 😬

I did some practice with my DE shavette and I do still know how to do this. I re-watched some videos and they reminded of some things I had forgotten.

Stay tuned Saturday night, or Sunday morning for you Eurosnobs, for the pre-holiday bloodletting. If I don't post by Sunday, you will know what happened. :biggrin:

Well I have bad news for all of you...
... No blood was spilled, no weepers, no irritation! :ciappa:

I have more bad news, this SR razor is the acquisition killer! The only way I could upgrade is to get a western grind kami. Sorry, not spending $300 on that right now. 😬

As far as the shave went, about the same as my AC safety razor with the same blade. I used a Feather Pro Guard and I have to say, when this blade is done I am trying my Prolines. I spent a lot of time removing lather because the guard was touching my face and hitting hairs, but I was just bouncing over the hairs!

I really like the hand positions I can do with this thing, I wound up with my arm across my face and the razor upside down doing a XTG pass. I am not sure I like the overall experience. Because I don't do this enough, I am really nervous. Honestly, my technique is really light, but I don't trust myself. I keep thinking, this thing is going to grab a bump and take a chunk out of me. In reality, this is actually less likely than having a bump get between the guard and the blade on my safety razor. But when I am using it, I don't hesitate. I make short quick strokes, no jerking, stop and start for me. 😎

Well I have bad news for all of you...
... No blood was spilled, no weepers, no irritation! :ciappa:

I have more bad news, this SR razor is the acquisition killer! The only way I could upgrade is to get a western grind kami. Sorry, not spending $300 on that right now. 😬

As far as the shave went, about the same as my AC safety razor with the same blade. I used a Feather Pro Guard and I have to say, when this blade is done I am trying my Prolines. I spent a lot of time removing lather because the guard was touching my face and hitting hairs, but I was just bouncing over the hairs!

I really like the hand positions I can do with this thing, I wound up with my arm across my face and the razor upside down doing a XTG pass. I am not sure I like the overall experience. Because I don't do this enough, I am really nervous. Honestly, my technique is really light, but I don't trust myself. I keep thinking, this thing is going to grab a bump and take a chunk out of me. In reality, this is actually less likely than having a bump get between the guard and the blade on my safety razor. But when I am using it, I don't hesitate. I make short quick strokes, no jerking, stop and start for me. 😎
Good to hear, that things went well - the proguard blade makes you feel at ease .No feeling/fear of cutting oneself.

The design and feel of the kamisori is just right and worth every $/€.

Btw stop whining about having to rinse off some lather after every few strokes of the razor.

Enjoy !

After having dinner and relaxing a bit, I went for another round of spin the chamber.
I got confident enough earlier to fully finish my cheeks, but only did one pass on my neck. I wonder why...
Anyway, against the grain for me, on my throat, is N to S. I knew what I needed to do; a scooping motion where the blade comes in steep and gets as flat as possible. Right into my throat. I went for it and I went for some more and I realized this thing isn't going to magically cut me. I can feel the blade edge initially, but it doesn't just sink into my skin without applying force. This damn thing is actually fun to use!

My SR Kami is out for delivery today! 😬

I did some practice with my DE shavette and I do still know how to do this. I re-watched some videos and they reminded of some things I had forgotten.

Stay tuned Saturday night, or Sunday morning for you Eurosnobs, for the pre-holiday bloodletting. If I don't post by Sunday, you will know what happened. :biggrin:
And for your next level in training 😜

The ultimo experience and no need for an exfoliator.

Last edited:
The blade exposure for feather proguard blade in KAI kamisori clone and in the feather SR professional.

Slightly more in the clone

IMG_20211121_190254~3.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_190313~3.jpg
    IMG_20211121_190313~3.jpg
    804.1 KB · Views: 17
This is confuzing, those two univinlions heads look identical. I immediately noticed how even the exposure is in the SR. And how easy it is to line up. I just wish I hadn't got one with an uneven opening, I have to slightly open the door and wiggle it back and forth while holding the razor upside down to get the blade all the way in. 😳

This is confuzing, those two univinlions heads look identical. I immediately noticed how even the exposure is in the SR. And how easy it is to line up. I just wish I hadn't got one with an uneven opening, I have to slightly open the door and wiggle it back and forth while holding the razor upside down to get the blade all the way in. 😳
Why confusing ?

First post compared the two kamis with the proguard blades loaded and my previous post compared them both with the Feather professional blades loaded .

View again with proguard blades.
20211121_202441-COLLAGE.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom