What's new

Feather SR kamisori

Hello Everyone,

I just received my feather SR kamisori( via courier ) and the gifts the store included.

Cost : € 130 that includes courier.

I will be shaving with it by the end of the week.

Comments then.
IMG_20211115_155802~3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unboxed and loaded with a used feather professional blade.

It's first use will be with the gifted feather pro guard blades.

Attachments

• IMG_20211116_094049~2.jpg
    IMG_20211116_094049~2.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20211116_095504~2.jpg
    IMG_20211116_095504~2.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 79
Hey, I am having a panic attack because somebody posted a link to the Jatai sale and I have to decide between this and the normal folding version. I wasn't planning to buy yet, but here we are. Can anybody help me decide, other than buy both? 😬

I wanted a Kami because I thought it would be more maneuverable, but am starting to think being able to change the handle position on the folder might be a better fit for me.

Hey, I am having a panic attack because somebody posted a link to the Jatai sale and I have to decide between this and the normal folding version. I wasn't planning to buy yet, but here we are. Can anybody help me decide, other than buy both? 😬

I wanted a Kami because I thought it would be more maneuverable, but am starting to think being able to change the handle position on the folder might be a better fit for me.
Some food for thought....
  • If you don't have a kamisori style in some other razor, why not try one sooner rather than later.
  • I might agree that the kamisori handle is marginally more maneuverable, but the difference is not really that great.
  • If you don't have a Feather DX, Feather SS, Kai, CJB, clone, but you anticipate purchasing one eventually then you could plan which style "handle" to get for each. Specially note how the CJB and many Univinlions are only offered Kami style.
  • Storing the Kami between shaves takes more effort to keep the blade edge out of harms way.

• If you don't have a kamisori style in some other razor, why not try one sooner rather than later.
  • I might agree that the kamisori handle is marginally more maneuverable, but the difference is not really that great.
  • If you don't have a Feather DX, Feather SS, Kai, CJB, clone, but you anticipate purchasing one eventually then you could plan which style "handle" to get for each. Specially note how the CJB and many Univinlions are only offered Kami style.
  • Storing the Kami between shaves takes more effort to keep the blade edge out of harms way.
Thanks for the information, I don't like doing impulse purchases for a reason. After playing around with my existing shavette, I remembered that I had decided I wanted the Kami for whole face shaving after watching Geofatboy. I like your idea of planning handles. What I need right now is a razor that I will become comfortable with quickly for detail work. The regular SR and the Artist Club blades check those boxes. I don't want the bump end of the SS in the way, but I might when I get a Kami. Sorry to have highjacked this thread.

Try one of these for storage.

Why not get both...hahahaha 😆😆
Screenshot_20211111-201941_AliExpress.jpg

Here we go again.

The Japanese Vs Chinese kamisori wars - action take 1...
Yeah...hahaha but actually no contest...I would love to get the real Feather but I can't afford it...so I guess these will suffice and satisfy my curiosity for now. If and when I can afford it...I will get the real Feather or even the Vector...

Yeah...hahaha but actually no contest...I would love to get the real Feather but I can't afford it...so I guess these will suffice and satisfy my curiosity for now. If and when I can afford it...I will get the real Feather or even the Vector...
The Chinese ones are excellent for the money you are paying - my 3 year-old Kai clone is great.

Thanks guys for entertaining my derail! Going with the advice of StillShaving, I checked what the other handles I want eventually. I have them bookmarked previously. The folder that I want is a Kai with a wooden handle. Then I checked, a light came on, what handle the SR Kami has. It's that neat silicone vs plastic for the folder. And I read some more stuff, still having trouble finding older threads I read and thought I bookmarked. Anyway, Kamisori ordered! And to make sure I end up permanently disfigured, I ordered Super Blades 😱

Thanks guys for entertaining my derail! Going with the advice of StillShaving, I checked what the other handles I want eventually. I have them bookmarked previously. The folder that I want is a Kai with a wooden handle. Then I checked, a light came on, what handle the SR Kami has. It's that neat silicone vs plastic for the folder. And I read some more stuff, still having trouble finding older threads I read and thought I bookmarked. Anyway, Kamisori ordered! And to make sure I end up permanently disfigured, I ordered Super Blades 😱
Yes, the silicone handle is quite good with those pyramid indentations.

Enjoy it when it arrives and make sure to order a pkt of bandaids...lol

Top Bottom