What's new

Feather MR3 cartridge razor (w/ 3 blade)

Just got done with two shaves using the Feather MR3 razor. One shave with a Palmolive shave stick and the other with Barbasol. I can't say enough good things about this razor. Both shaves were very comfortable, zero iritation. The beard reduction was so good after the first pass, it rivaled what my RR Jaws open-comb can do.

On top of that, the razor even allows you to lock the cartridge in place so it won't pivot around the contours. As a test, i'm using the Razor Pit blade saver to see how long I can keep using the Feather 3 blade cartridge. After it's done, I plan on switching to the two blade version for a little while. I will post again to give updates.

Interesting, but not surprising. I've never known Feather to make a bad product. I've used their DE blades, Pro series blades, and Injector razor and blades. I haven't tried the Popular or Stainless razors, but I would guess that they're well above average in design, workmanship, and quality for their market niche.

Glad you posted this. Been looking for something i can travel with rather than bringing a DE and dealing with the TSA. I would normally just buy a disposable at my destination, but I just ordered one of these instead. Based on other reviews I've seen, they perform well -- comparable to a good DE shave.

I posted a while back about their 2 blade cartridge (with a push on in between blade cleaner) meh... kinda smooth but does not shave much,

I also own this razor. The 3 blade cartridge is much better than the 2 blade (to me, anyway). It is an oustanding razor & cartridge system.

Wanted to post an update. I ordered one of these after my last post and it came in a few days ago.

It's a great razor. Being partially metal, it has a heft not unlike a DE. The longer handle took a little to getting used to being a couple of inches longer than than my usual Gillette ball end tech. And of course the angle you hold the razor is different too. The blades -- as you would expect from Feather -- are smooth and wickedly sharp, but being a cartridge you're not handling the naked blade.

I may have to (sheepishly) admit that it gave me a better shave than 90% of my DE shaves. My DE shave is better when I really "find the zone" and get one of those truly exceptional shave results, but this thing is for sure going into my regular rotation as well as being my new travel razor.

Top Bottom