What's new

Feather Blades - How Many Shaves Do They Last For You?

Number of Shaves Does a Feather Blade Last For You?

• More Than Five.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I usually get at least 2 weeks of daily, full 3 pass shaves out of a Feather blade - sometimes, much longer.

I thought it was just me who only got a few shaves out of a feather. On a sharpness scale out of 10

1st use: 10
2nd: 7
3rd: 5
4th: 3 *

I stopped after two strokes and changed to Gillette blacks. Which lasts me 4-5 shaves but the step off in quality isn't as drastic. In the future I am limiting a feather to 2 shaves.

For a blade that starts off so sharp and is platinum coated logic would be that it should last longer?

With an aggressive razor, a Feather gives me about six shaves...or more if I'm using a mild razor. Then, it's about two weeks.

Wow, I've been using the feathers that came with my Weishi (I know I know...new razor coming in soon but I had to start somewhere) and 2 shaves is pushing it. The first one is amazing, the second one pretty so-so and the third one is both uncomfortable and a bit more "dangerous" for me... and I really don't have a strong beard either. They just don't work for me with this particular razor.

I get 7 shaves from a feather! And could likely get a few more so long as I use a mild/ moderate razor.

5-6 in a pre war tech. I could get more out of a blade but it causes more irritation than the cost of a new blade is worth IMO. I also find them more "rough" than others like Astra SP, Israeli Red personnas, and personna lab blues. YMMV!

That razor is fairly aggressive IMO. Pop one in an Edwin Jagger and they work better. Put one in a Feather Popular and you'll barely notice it's there. BTW, i'm not a fan of the Popular. It just isn't aggressive enough for me.

7 shaves (I shave every day of the week)
Merkur 34c razor
Proraso,Noxzema,Nivea or Figaro canned shaving creams.
4 passes (with,across to the left,across to the right & against the grain)
Coarse beard,mediteranian dark skin type (that can take a biting & keep on ticking :biggrin1:)
Been shaving my whole life with a DE.

Right now, I can get 7 shaves out of a Feather. Days 2 & 3 are the sweet spot in terms of comfort and performance.

I use the Feather Blades in my AS-D2 and I get 7-9 shaves (face and head) and to me I dread the first shave but they get better by the second one.

Had the 71s Feather in my R41-13 for the past 5 shaves, it's still kicking. I usually have a hot shower and face wash, imperial Pre Shave oil, imperial shave soap of I have time, and a Kiehls brushless if I'm in a rush, 3 passes (WTG, XTG & GTX) finished with the imperial after shave and a Kiehls moisturiser. They seem smoother after the 2nd use, and remain that way.

I get 3-4 Full Shaves...and by that I mean that I also shave my head...3 passes both face and dome.

I usually shave every 2nd or 3rd day.

I have 1 face shave and 11 head shaves one right now, still going. I do 2 pass above my jawline, 3 below on my face. 2 passes on my head, WTG and ATG.

I haven't tested longevity with them on my face yet, but should get quite a bit more since I'm cutting more hair on my head.

I've been using it in a NEW SC.

Top Bottom