What's new

Feather Blades - How Many Shaves Do They Last For You?

Number of Shaves Does a Feather Blade Last For You?

• More Than Five.

Results are only viewable after voting.
2 with a 4 pass shave, a third try reminds me why I quit multiblades. Prep is shower, face-lather and a re-wet/re-lather before each pass.

I get up to 4. I shave every other day, 2 passes M-Sa, 3 passes on Su (Su/M is my fresh blade day). So, on a long week, I get (3+2+2+2) 9 passes; on a short week I get (2+2+2) 6 passes out of the blade. Considering I use both edges, I think I'm in line with others.

I would have said "5". but for some reason that was not an option. I typically change my blade after 5 shaves. The Feather works fine for those 5 shaves--at least in the Tech. I recently used the Feather in a 2011 R41 and thought there was a big fall-off after the 1st shave. However, I'm just starting to use that razor, so it could be me.

Got a question. If I use a Astra SP and get 5 shaves out of it in a Red-Tip should I try a feather black or yellow or no feather at all?

Shaving every other day with three passes, I typically get six uses out of a blade. The first use is normally pretty rough but the rest are fantastic.

Depends, at least 4 for sure. I can sense when they are starting to lose their edge to the pint where I don't want to risk using them anymore, but 4 always seems like a solid number for a blade.

I get a solid 40 shaves with Feathers before they start to fall off too much in sharpness. I shave with a wide range of razors, but Gillette NEWs and the 2011 R41 are my go-to razors. My prep is intrinsic to my shower shaving, plus I also do a very hard, sweaty workout before nearly all of my shaves. Beard is medium to medium heavy, and fast growing. I shave daily - 2 1/2 passes.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I get a solid 40 shaves with Feathers before they start to fall off too much in sharpness. I shave with a wide range of razors, but Gillette NEWs and the 2011 R41 are my go-to razors. My prep is intrinsic to my shower shaving, plus I also do a very hard, sweaty workout before nearly all of my shaves. Beard is medium to medium heavy, and fast growing. I shave daily - 2 1/2 passes.

Nice results! :thumbsup:

I sometimes use one for a month, but find that after two weeks it has fallen to a point which I'm not willing to put up with. However, even after two weeks I find that the Feather is still better than many other blades fresh out of the package.

I couldn't even get one.
it was a very underwhelming experience for me, considering all the hype on this site, and the price point of them.
i got half way through a scrape, err, shave,and went back to my used Dorco St. to finish up.
ill try one more feather, hoping it was just a bad blade, otherwise I'll pif the rest of the sample pack.

Got a question. If I use a Astra SP and get 5 shaves out of it in a Red-Tip should I try a feather black or yellow or no feather at all?
I just read that feather black or yellow are the same blades, just in different packs ie either 5 or 10.

I can get 3 BBS shaves out of Feather before the ATG tug gets too much. I'm not exactly a Feather poster child though - never been a devotee. I gladly trade a smidge of sharpness for a boost in smoothness.

Right now I am kinda loving Wilkinson Sword Classics. They last, are plenty sharp and smoothish. I hold them as favs along with Voskhod and Personna Blue/Labs

I get four shaves. The first one is a little rough around the edges and the next two are really nice, while the fourth is just ok.

I can get 3 decent shaves with a Feather. I use a Merkur 34 with hot lather out of a scuttle. I do 3 passes plus touch-up every shave on my middling tough beard. I have re-discovered Gilette Silver Blues and I am loving them so far :thumbup1:

Top Bottom