What's new

Feather AC users! Which do you like more, your DX, RG or SS?

Well guess what? I am liking my SS non-folding handle more than my DX with the folding handle. I'm even starting to like it more than my traditional straights :ohmy:

I hadn't shaved in a few days. (horrible of me, I know!)
I whipped up the MWF with a BK12 and went to work with the SS.
The best shave ever!

So, given the same blade in each type and not minding the handle, which of the three heads do you like the best?

As one who uses only disposable blade straights, I have all the Feather straights, and I use them at different times. Sometimes I'll do the first pass with the SS, and the second pass with the DX. Sometimes I'll use the RG for the entire shave as I find the RG to be a bit heavier than my DX. I keep my SS and DX loaded with super pro blades, and my RG loaded with regular pro blade as I like the flexability of the regulars. It really varies with each shave according to how my skin feels that day. Now however I've got some of the Kai mild blades, and these have changed the entire shave process with my straights. The milds are such a great blade that I find myself using them in all my Feathers. I do continue to use the pro and super pro blades though, because there are times when the shave just calls for them. :crying:

I know this is kind of a long drawn out answer to the question, but I guess its hard to choose between all the Feathers. :wink2: :001_tongu

I have the Kamisori style SS (non folding) loaded with the Kai Mild blades and it is an amazing shaver. I don't have any other Feather models to compare with but I'd say it would be tough competition to beat the SS.

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

proxy.php

After reading all the reviews of the SS model (compared to the DX and RG), I am looking forward to the day it is more readily available (or one appears on the b/s/t)

Well the Feather SS has a different guard right? I heard it is a little more forgiving than the DX or RG. Hopefully someone else can chime in about it. I know there was a group buy a while back, sad I missed it since I would love to have a non-folding SS.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I like the SS non folding a lot, but I really like the feeling of the AC DX too. Both give superb shaves, but feel quite different on the face, as well as require different angles. IMO you would be happy with either if you can learn to shave with them. If money was no object, I would suggest the DX in teakwood...it is really lovely to look at and hold. On the other hand for a little more than the cost of a brass RG, you can get the SS, which is 100% stainless, and gives killer shaves as well.

If you never used a feather, the SS might be a good choice, as close comfortable shaves are almost automatic- the thing will still fillet strips of skin from your face if you are ham-fisted tho'. The AC has a little more of a learning curve.

Yes they are quite different aren't they.
The DX is for sure a heavier razor and has a beefier feel to me on the face.
I'd love to try the non-folding handle in the DX.

Maybe today I'll use my DX and fall in love with it again.
Who knows? that's the fun of it all!

If you never used a feather, the SS might be a good choice, as close comfortable shaves are almost automatic- the thing will still fillet strips of skin from your face if you are ham-fisted tho'. The AC has a little more of a learning curve.[/QUOTE]

This is some good advice. :scared:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
If you never used a feather, the SS might be a good choice, as close comfortable shaves are almost automatic- the thing will still fillet strips of skin from your face if you are ham-fisted tho'. The AC has a little more of a learning curve.

This is some good advice. :scared:[/QUOTE]

It''s funny cause even tho it's a super easy razor to use for someone with experience, to a newbie it's still a razor sharp blade stuck to a stick, and down playing its inherent propensity to slice and dice is probably mistake too...lol.'

Top Bottom