What's new

Fear the Feather

I think it is just a way to keep newbies from trying them too soon, as they may be a more unforgiving blade. I do think that a Feather and bad technique shouldn't mix.

I'm a total newbie and feather is my best blade so far. After a week of shaving did I order 150 blades.
I keep trying others but so far Feather is Nr one.

These are very good blades, no doubt. However, they are too expensive for what you get. You can get good blades for less money...

These are very good blades, no doubt. However, they are too expensive for what you get. You can get good blades for less money...

I just bought 60 Feather blades from Amazon for €9,50 including shipping. That's 16 cents per blade. Sounds good enough to me.

I just bought 60 Feather blades from Amazon for €9,50 including shipping. That's 16 cents per blade. Sounds good enough to me.

Same deal for me.
But the thaidealers are shut down from amazon. My advice for more buys is to save the address on the incoming envelope. So you my buy again and directly.

You have to respect Feather blades as you would any super sharp blade. Having a thick coarse beard I find that of all the blades I've tried (have not tried Personna Blues yet) the Feathers give me a clean smooth consistent shave every time. I typically can only get 4 shaves out of the Feathers before they dull a bit and start pulling. But 4 days is way better than the 2 days my other blades were giving me. Don't ask me about Derby's. The remainder of the box hit the waste bin after the 1st WTG pass.

Usually I can run a razor blade back and forth across my finger no problem. But with Feathers they always slice my finger wide open. No wonder they cut hair so well.

Top Bottom