What's new

Favourite Shaving Combo

Hi Gents

Like many of you, I have used and collected a number of razors, blades, soaps etc. I like most of them and some just don't work for me.
I keep going back to either my Parker Variant or Edwin Jagger DE89, Proraso, Personna Lab Blue blades and the Nivea Post Shave Balm. These are my favourites and always carry them around with me when I travel.
Do share your favourite/go to stuff.
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Its hard to choose a favourite, there's lots of shaving gear I enjoy, but here's some I use frequently

Rockwell 6C
Polsilver SI, Perma sharp

Stirling 24mm Synthetic, Razorock plisoft 24mm

Tobs jermyn street pre shave gel

Tobs jermyn street cream, Ariana & Evans Kaizen, Barrister & mann seville, Stirling Piacenza, Cella bio

Baxter of california aftershave balm/gel
Tobs jermyn street Aftershave balm
Proraso aftershave balm white
Barrister & mann seville balm

Parker Variant or Parker Semi-slant, alternate between the two regularly.

Astra SP and Arko, with Omega Alumn and Nivea sensitive aftershave. Omega synthetic brush.

I do have some other soaps and razors that get a week of use here and there but the above combination is perfect every time.

Need to take time some morning and take a photo.

I always go to my Rockwell 6C on plate 3 with a GSB and Stirling Gin and Tonic soap when I want a smooth easy shave. Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Nivea Sensitive Balm. I'm starting to use Vintage SE razors that may surpass the DEs.

My Schick Krona with a German-made Wilkinson Sword blade is my favorite razor/blade combo. Mike's Natural Soaps are my favorite, but if I had to choose one scent it would be Orange, Cedarwood, and Black Pepper. Speick aftershave. I use the Nivea Sensitive post-shave balm during the winter or if I happen to feel dried out.

Rockwell 6S on #4 plate

Cheap locally bought synthetic brush

Gillette Extra Bleue/Polsilver SI (will need to find new fourite blade when my stock runs out)

Tabac/Palmolive stick

Nivea balm

Old spice Bearglove AS

Paradigm Diamondback with a fresh feather blade

Paradigm Javelin with a once used feather blade

Yaqi Sagrada synthetic brush

Grooming Dept shaving soap

Chatillion Lux aftershave

Found my nightly zen!

Tabac with any razor, though I think it appropriate to use it especially with German razors like my Merkur Progress or Hoffritz Slant.

Cream mix: TOBS Peppermint or Trumper's Almond mixed in the bowl with Barbasol Original. Seems to work well with my postwar fat-handle Tech, but I imagine it would do well with any razor too.

My Semogue boar brush goes well with TFS Sera soap; the brush fits neatly in the small tub, better than my badger or synth brushes do.

• ATT Classic with R1 plate and Atlas handle (I prefer a shorter handle than the Kronos), but I take a Tech when I travel.
  • Either an Astra or Nacet blade
  • Either my Omega boar or Whipped Dog Silvertip badger brush - the knot is set 5mm deeper than normal on the latter, making it a bit stiffer, which I like
  • Any of a variety of creams (preferred over soaps, for no particular reason) - right now it's Stone Cottage Sandalwood, but I also enjoy a variety of other flavors and makers, The sandalwood is almost gone, and TOBS Avocado is up next.
  • While I enjoy a variety of aftershaves, I lean to Stirling Executive Man, Cap'n's Choice Nor'Easter, or Brut Classic.

Razor: Ralf Aust 5/8” Blackwood, Round Point
Finisher: 0.1u diamond pasted Balsa
Strop: Tony Miller Old No. 2 Horsehide
Brush: Shavemac CB3
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th 4.1
Bowl: Salt and Pepper Matt Ceramic
AS: Thayers WH

The brush was tough. Everything else is easy.

Tatara Nodachi
Gillette Platinum
Yaqi Sagrada Familia
MdC Vetiver
Myrsol Agua Balsamica
Nivea Sensitive balm

According to my shave buddy, my current favorite combo is
Timeless .95 solid bar
Parker Premium blade
Rudy Vey 2020 contributors brush
Stirling Baker Street soap and splash.
But I am fickle and that will change. My Simpsons T3 is moving up fast in my rankings and I've got a couple new razors as yet untried.

I used to rely on the might Proraso Green and love it, but after all my experimentation, the below combo is the best of the best as far as I'm concerned:

Razor: Razorock Game Changer JAWS 84
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Lather: Tabac Soap
Brush: Maggard Timberwolf Synthetic

I have many things that I enjoy but my go-to set up would be:

Gillette Slim Twist
Astra SP
Stirling Orange Chill soap
Craving Shaving Brush
Thayer's WH Rose

Top Bottom