What's new

Favourite everyday shaving soap

I have never used the same soap two days in a row. The two I go to most often:

Proraso
1/2 Williams Mug 1/2 Col Conk (any variety)

I'm buying in dollars, not sterling, but roughly equating, I would say:
1. Tabac
2. MWF
3. Cella
4. Williams (the absolutely cheapest in the US)

Mine was MWF, but Stirling, especially Electric Sheep is rapidly becoming my favorite. Not sure what the cost in UK would be.
Good point. I didn't think to mention Stirling because I was thinking of everyday shave soap as ordinary, not craft or small batch. But yes, I would add votes for Stirling's Texas on Fire and Coniferous soaps.

Good point. I didn't think to mention Stirling because I was thinking of everyday shave soap as ordinary, not craft or small batch. But yes, I would add votes for Stirling's Texas on Fire and Coniferous soaps.

I was just thinking, well, I’ve been using Stirling nearly everyday, and at $13 it’s plenty affordable. I’m nearly through my sample of Electric Sheep, so I ordered a full tub as well as a few samples of other scents the other day.

For me it is Haslinger Sheep as well. It is easy to create a high quality lather with reasonable effort. It performs well and the scent is decent but does not knock you out of your shoes-I don’t like scents that are too dominant and aggressive.

Happy shaves!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Santa Maria Novella. It's my warm weather go-to although I will use other soaps from time to time, when the mood strikes.

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 4.20.48 PM.png

Santa Maria Novella. It's my warm weather go-to although I will use other soaps from time to time, when the mood strikes.

View attachment 1271052

I got a sample of this recently and it was love at first lather. I used it again this morning and it confirmed that I need it in my life, so I just ordered a full size tub about an hour ago. I was going to hold off on getting it, but like you said, it makes for a great warm weather soap, so figured it would be best to get it now.

With that said, it's definitely outside the £10 (Approx $14) price goal of this thread.

Soap Commander. Maybe because I own quite a bit of it, maybe because I just like how consistent and easy to use it is.

Top Bottom