What's new

Favourite Christmas foods

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It's about the only time of year that I really get into cookies. Everyone makes their own, special cookie. We'll have cookies coming out of our ears in a few days, and it's wonderful.

My particular specialty is my lemon orange-ginger cookie.

I love a good fruitcake, but my most strong food association with Christmas was my mothers home made Divinity.
I have not had it since the early 1970's when I left home, and she passed in 1983.
This thread has me thinking of trying a batch in her memory.
My Maternal Grandmother made wonderful Divinity. The funny thing is that my, Dad, her Son in Law, loved it most. She made it every year for him. I need to find her recipe and try it again too.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I was just reminded about something I cannot believe I forgot: Texas Trash.

Folks make up and give out barrels of this stuff and other versions of Chex party mixes over the Christmas season. I'm always thrilled to get a baggie or tin of Texas Trash. I'll try to ration it out over time, but it always disappears too quickly.

Let's see now, where to begin...my wife's Christmas cake soaked in rum, or was that my wife's Christmas cake with me soaked in rum? Whatever. Eggnog. Turkey dinner with all the fixings. Butterscotch toffee, Christmas morning bacon and eggs and waffles. These foods may also be eaten at other times of the year, but they just don't taste the same as they do on Christmas day.
Merry Christmas everyone!

Top Bottom