What's new

Favorite Pumpkin Beer

If I had to pick one...it would be McAuslan's offering over Dogfish - "The Great St-Ambroise Pumpkin Ale" . In fact, I'll be heading out to their Terrace for a freshly pulled pint or two this afternoon :w00t:

proxy.php

Picked up some Post Road yesterday after the good reviews here. Very nice.
Glad you like it...
I just tried the Southern Tier myself and although I appreciate the complexity of the beer, it taste exactly like Mama Bear Ye Old Barbershoppe would taste like if it was an alcohol!!! anyone with me?

Glad you like it...
I just tried the Southern Tier myself and although I appreciate the complexity of the beer, it taste exactly like Mama Bear Ye Old Barbershoppe would taste like if it was an alcohol!!! anyone with me?

You say that like it's a bad thing... :lol:

I had a Night Owl Pumpkin Ale by Elysian Brewing Co. (Seattle) after my soccer game today and I really enjoyed it. It's the only pumpkin beer I've had, so I don't know what to compare it to, but it was great!

Has anyone had BAD pumpkin beer? I've been a fan since last year (when I first saw it in the stores) and have been waiting for this season's brews to come out. I didn't even know what brand I bought, but I've currently got Blue Moon's Seasonal Harvest Pumpkin Ale.

First one I ever had was by Sam Adams in a Fall-themed 12 pack. Definitely liked it. Looking forward to others.

I never tried a pumpkin ale so I picked up Tommyknocker "small patch pumpkin harvest ale". Tastes more like tomato than pumpkin to me. I'm disappointed.

I was quite fond of Tommyknockers, myself. I found it to be a nice balance of pumpkin flavor, spice, and maltiness.

If you're really looking for something out there in terms of a flavor experience, try a New Belgium Lips of Faith Kick. It's a sour-ish oak aged beer with strong cranberry flavor with subtler pumpkin and fall spice tones. I could have used a bit less cranberry and a bit less carbonation, personally. It's ABV is hefty, too. On an empty stomach, I felt a warm buzz after polishing off a bottle.

Picked up some Ichabod from New Holland last night. Haven't tried it yet. On deck for tonight.

Overall I found this to be average. The pumpkin and spice flavors are somewhat muted. Scent is also kind of light. Personally I prefer it a bit stronger and up-front.

Another vote for Pumpking but I also enjoyed Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin and Shipyard Pumpkinhead this year. I have always like Dogfish Punkin in the past but this year it seemed a little blah. Terrapin's Pumpkinfest is also a highly drinkable brew as well.

Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale is good. Pumpkin and spice flavors are more muted than some and it isn't as sweet so I find it more drinkable.

Top Bottom