What's new

Favorite Martini Vodka

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I love mine with either Grey Goose or Snow Leopard. Not very many establishisments have Snow leopard though.

What are your favorite Martini Vodka’s?

I've never cared for Grey Goose. Too expensive, and doesn't have enough flavor. Tito's tastes like corn. I guess it doesn't matter too much for mixing, though. I like Ketel One, but Skyy and Absolut are excellent poor man's substitutes. I really can't tell the difference.

Ciroc is not bad for a little extra bite with gin and dry vermouth. It's nasty, harsh stuff by itself, but it gives a nice kick when it's mixed with gin.

My favorite vodka these days is Belvedere, as I've come to enjoy rye vodkas. I don't think I've ever mixed it with anything, though.

The Costco Kirkland's French vodka in the tall bottle seems quite good to me. Rumor has been Grey Goose makes it. Seems to fit the flavor profile to me. Extremely neutral in flavor. I am not a vodka expert. The differences, except for burn, seem pretty subtle to me.

I have meant to try running cheaper vodka through a Brita filter to see if I can tell any difference.

i do like the occasional vodka and soda. Seems very pure. Tonic and white dry vermouth call out for gin to my tastes.

The last Vodka and Vermouth I made used Reyka Vodka from Iceland. I'm not a huge liquor drinker so I wasn't impressed. Maybe it needed more Vermouth or more olives

Top Bottom