What's new

Favorite handle shape (suggestions w/pictures please)...

Greetings,

I will be working with the great @Rudy Vey for a brush in the next month or so using a Shavemac D01-2 Band 24mm knot (tied for 1st favorite knot) and am in need of inspiration. I have had many handles and currently own what is in the image below. I thought a thread with input from others, along with pictures, might give me that much needed inspiration. I am leaning toward a classic keyhole shape, possibly in jade, but could easily be swayed. Color input appreciated, but I will be limited to what Rudy has on hand. I will choosing a color other than ivory, blue, red, butterscotch or black to add a new color to my current lineup.

IMG_7210.jpeg

Thanks in advance,

It's Hedley

I swear by Rudy's Persian Jar. Let me see if I can find a pic or two.
1st a brush I had Rudy make for me for the Saint Sue auction a few years ago
2nd A Faux Ivory with Manchurian knot
3rd The same one between 2 Simpson PJs

View attachment 1215161View attachment 1215162View attachment 1215163
Ha. You are the reason I once owned a Rudy Persian Jar. I once saw your picture and asked Rudy to make one for me. I love the faux ivory RV Persian Jar, but I ordered the wrong knot for mine and sold it. I once asked Rudy about the translucent pink to order one like yours, but he was out of the rod stock.

Great suggestions and thank you.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
He’s got a good bee hive style I
As well as a longer / tall style worth considering
Each somewhat different than what you have pictured

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Ha. You are the reason I once owned a Rudy Persian Jar. I once saw your picture and asked Rudy to make one for me. I love the faux ivory RV Persian Jar, but I ordered the wrong knot for mine and sold it. I once asked Rudy about the translucent pink to order one like yours, but he was out of the rod stock.

Great suggestions and thank you.
Cool. I think Rudy told me that mine was the last of that pink rod stock he had. I think he may have another stock in pink, but nit the same.
I highly recommend his Manchurian knot, if he has any left.

I’m not sure if Rudy has the Rubberset 400 handles available! But I love how easy to hold my RazoRock brush is to hold. I’m starting to lose the dexterity in my hand and this style is preferred over the traditional short handles
C892BE4F-F8A5-43EA-8836-6F0CD7D64373.jpeg

The shape brushguy used to make (this one is not mine but I have several just to lazy to walk to the bathroom.
Still want
Rubberset 400 clone
Rubberset 200 clone
Yaqi cola

Attachments

• 16D43680-0A82-4809-9786-E5998474F554.jpeg
    16D43680-0A82-4809-9786-E5998474F554.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 26
Lots of great suggestions! The M7, Samurai, Rubberset clones, Semogue all look great. Did I mention this may be my last brush purchase for years to come? Tough decision ahead.

The shape brushguy used to make (this one is not mine but I have several just to lazy to walk to the bathroom.
Still want
Rubberset 400 clone
Rubberset 200 clone
Yaqi cola
Nb if your dexterity fails lots of brushes might break or shatter when dropped on a tile floor.
I know the brush guy brushes can break at the waist.
I have had an other brush shatter on a tile floor.
The sometimes Alluminium rubberset brushes will not shatter but the screw on knot ferrule might disform and lockup. They are sold as parts though.

Top Bottom