What's new

Favorite Drinking Apparatus

yep that is the one. I have a small redl and a large red. there is a clear one that holds a little more. these have saved me a number of times

Here's my "at work" mug ...

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415972570.841425.jpg

I use a Tervis tumbler in the car and have a few different mugs in rotation at the house.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Purchased the large 18 ounce stainless mighty mug for 24 bucks.
I'm quite pleased.
It's everything that the advertisement says it is.
I'll be getting a second one for work.

These two are the mugs we use when my wife is doing the brewing. My daughter brought them back from Denmark and they are the weekday/and weekend go tos.
$1291495_Mug___Opal_51506499bed21.png$2381039_Mug__2_pack_524d6e61048d9.png

When I'm working at home I use one or the other of these. They're both large enough to keep me going and they hold the heat really well.$8664592159_89c4e6fbba_z.jpg
$mug2_1_1.jpg

(Pics from online stores)

Last edited:
For home I use a Teavana mug. It keeps coffee warm while still being ceramic mug and the feel is very smooth (don't think I've used it more than once or twice for tea).
Just got a Zojirushi travel mug that am liking very much so far. I can't tell a temp difference after 15-20 minutes at 17 degrees outside with occasional sips. This replaced a Thermos I loved, which was not capable of holding the temp in such conditions, but is still a very good travel mug.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
At a complete surprise to me I opened a package a few days ago and found this. One more favorite mug! Freaking awesome.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415990275.250009.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415990284.607183.jpg

These two are the mugs we use when my wife is doing the brewing. My daughter brought them back from Denmark and they are the weekday/and weekend go tos.
View attachment 518802View attachment 518804

When I'm working at home I use one or the other of these. They're both large enough to keep me going and they hold the heat really well.View attachment 518806
View attachment 518807

(Pics from online stores)

Is that first cup (white/cyan), one single cup, or two separate ones nestled inside of each other (e.g. a solid white and solid cyan cup)?

Even though it is not so manly, I like the blue abstract flower on white cup; that is a a nice cup design.

For drinking coffee out of a non-travel mug, I most prefer a D handle mug.
$IMG_8048.jpg

my travel mug is (the wear mark is from years of riding in my Hilux!)

$IMG_8047.jpg

I have my Dad's "hanger" mug which has the exact shape as your's Chris. I drank out of it a couple of times, but not my favorite cup and it isn't mine anyways.

$IMG_8050.jpg

The insignia along with his last name is on the other side of the cup - it always faced out.

His has super thick walls and doesn't hold nearly enough. Less chance for the joe to get cold or slide off of the desk on a pitching ship (although it was Sherman Field). But for the very first time - right before posting this - I looked at the bottom of his mug and felt happy. A flood of memories.

$IMG_8049.jpg

-jim

Sorry bout the sideways pic. This is my mug I keep at the office.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1420514889602.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1420514889602.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 25
At home, I prefer a heavy mug. I like my coffee super hot, so a large size isn't important. My wife got some with our first daughters picture on them, and I enjoy those for that reason. They're a little light though.

But my favorite gift my wife has gotten me to date has been the vaccuum travel mug linked below. This thing keeps my coffee super hot, and it's literally spill proof. The only thing I don't get using this mug is the smell. But then, I could always pour into a regular mug if I wanted. If you travel with your coffee, I highly suggest something like this.

http://www.shopthermos.com/detail/TMS+JMW500PBR6

"regular coffee" cup (Intelligentsia black cat project cups)

proxy.php

And for a single or double shot....

proxy.php

Top Bottom