What's new

Favorite Drinking Apparatus

I'm thinking about investing in some new mugs/cups. Nothing wrong with the ones I have, other than being mis-matched, but figured I could go with something nicer to match my collection of equipment:001_smile

Do you all have favorites? Any of you use the following?
$offero-side-view300.jpg
http://www.theoffero.com/Offero_Products_-_Original_Coffee_Cup_12oz.html

$bodum-bistro-style-double-wall-glass-coffee.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Bistro-...1_20?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1414182191&sr=1-20

$bpre_m_368x438.jpg
http://www.keepcup.com.au/keepcup-store/keepcup-series/brew-limited/bpre

Everyone and his brother here has the keep cup, but I don't like them, as I don't really take coffee on the road with me.

I have a mismatch set, mostly chipped, but functional. I just can't seem to pull the trigger on something new, but will be happy to follow the post to see what you end up with.

Check out zazzle or pinterest for something personalized.

I have some white 12 oz heavy diner mugs. Those are my favorite. They've got a little green buffalo on the bottom. Don't know what brand. But they are awesome.

Legion

Staff member
Everyone and his brother here has the keep cup, but I don't like them, as I don't really take coffee on the road with me.

I have a mismatch set, mostly chipped, but functional. I just can't seem to pull the trigger on something new, but will be happy to follow the post to see what you end up with.

Check out zazzle or pinterest for something personalized.

I've been eyeing the keepcup as well. The problem is my environmental good intentions are handicapped by my laziness, and I would have to wash the keepcup. The paper one I throw away.

I might still get one. I drink enough bought coffees (I live in Melbourne, it is a council requirement to have a coffee in your hand to be on the street) so I should limit my trash footprint a bit.

I've been eyeing the keepcup as well. The problem is my environmental good intentions are handicapped by my laziness, and I would have to wash the keepcup. The paper one I throw away.

I might still get one. I drink enough bought coffees (I live in Melbourne, it is a council requirement to have a coffee in your hand to be on the street) so I should limit my trash footprint a bit.

wash? Surely you mean rinse.

-jim

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
One like this (not my photo)
$$T2eC16FHJGwFFZUK3ZYsBRmtN,7,DQ~~60_35.JPG

From Starbucks. It's a big mug. I like it because I don't have to walk downstairs to refill as often since it holds a lot of coffee. Also reminds me of home and my BFF (yeah that's right) got it for me. I sent her one just like it cept it says Nashville. We have matching mugs.

When it comes to cups or mugs, anything except plastic is fine by me. Ceramic, Pyrex, or porcelain for home use and stainless for camp use.

If you are looking for something fancy, we had some Turkish neighbors that had cut crystal cups and goblets made for tea which were really, really nice. Never seen anything like them anywhere since.

The Bodum double-walled mugs are great but crazy fragile. Even with gently use I can't keep them from cracking. Most of my coffee goes through heavy ceramic mugs nowadays.

proxy.php

I prefer to drink out of a ceramic cup/mug, but anything will do. :)

How do you like that angled Offero coffee cup? Does it work with the left hand as well as the right?

proxy.php

This a Pop-In mug by Corningware. It is for microwaving soups and chili and stuff like that. $9.99 MSRP, but you can find it for about $8 in most retail stores.

It holds 20oz. I lost the lid to this a couple of years ago, but I continue to use it for my morning coffee. I wash it out with a sponge after evrey use, since rinsing alone doesn't really get it clean enough. It goes in the dishwasher when I do a full cycle with my dishes and pots and pans.

It holds a lot of coffee and its comfortable in my hand. Its not elegant, but it gets the job done.

I make a second cup in a 20oz travel mug from WaWa, and that goes to work with me.

This mug. Handmade in Poland and I can't say what it is that's so great about it, but it's the best drinking coffee mug I've ever owned.

$photo 1.jpg$photo 2.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I use my B&B mug from West Coast Shaving at work, any any old mug at home, as long as its big. I just rinse them out usually, don't want to loose the seasoning!

Top Bottom