What's new

Favorite Dopp/Travel Toiletry Pouch

searched around and couldnt find a thread for this.

for years ive been putting my toiletries in a plastic shopping bag when im on the road. im searching for a good travel toiletry pouch/dopp kit, drop your personal favorite itt.

especially interested in hearing from people who have put some serious miles on a particular piece of gear.

to add, theres a few ive found that im interested in but wanted to see what the forum has to say about theirs. a few things ive got on my radar:
- peak design wash pouch
- rei shower roll
- alchemy goods elliot travel kit
- mission workshop tool roll (not marketed for toiletries specifically but looks like it might work well)

I finally converted (usually) from a gallon ziploc bag to an Italian Barber two compartment leather dopp. Shave stuff on one side, toothbrush and toiletries on the other. Conventional, traditional and I like it anyway.

I’ve been using a Beckett Simonon full leather dopp bag for a couple of years now and love the quality. Just received notice yesterday that they are having a 30% off sale.

welcome to B&B, Sir shavepunx!
this small $8 "Sightor" nylon dopp kit from amazon has proven itself over several trips so far this year.
nice size to 2-3 wk trip.
proxy.php

Mine is several decades old and made of Nylon.
It's difficult to describe - having two main compartments with two subsections. The two halves are connected via a flap (where the sub compartments are), and when folded in half ("joined" with the Velcro tabs), it's roughly the same shape as a typical bag.

What I like about it is that you can unfold it, so it lies much more flat - giving you more options when fitting into a carry on bag. Having 4 sections helps with organizing as well.

This is a lot like backpacks. Some folks prefer the simplicity of a large sack, using various stuff sacks to organize. Others prefer dedicated compartments.

I'd start my search based on my preferences for or against compartments and narrow it down from there.

I find compartments handy when you can't spread everything out in your hotel's bathroom.

Some years ago I traded my heavy leather Dopp kit for a small toiletry bag from Eagle Creek! It still works great!!
The backpack companies have a lot of innovative designs.

Much as I love "classic" looks and materials, I'm a function first person.

... Thom

Last edited:
I bought this one from Amazon mainly because its classic design reminded me of the one my Dad owned. It's good quality and has a large capacity.

Exact same one I own. I have had it for a few years and after many trips, it looks like new. Actually better than new as the leather is breaking in nicely.

Very good quality and surprisingly inexpensive. $40-ish maybe? I highly recommend it in any case.

I had a very nice Lifetime Leather Dopp kit that exuded quality but it was relatively heavy and had only one compartment. It is great for an extended stay when you will unpack.

I replaced it with a Frost River roll up travel kit.

The Frost River is waxed canvas and should outlast me. Two great features are the ability to hang the bag from a hook or towel rack and the expandability with pouches that will snap on. I bought the medium pouch with the bag to save on shipping but I have never needed the additional space.

1695257489683.png

I got this one from Tommy Bahama several years ago. They keep changing their design so this particular one is no longer available but I like the combination of leather and canvas.

TB Dopp.jpg

I got this LL Bean toiletry bag. You can hang it on the towel rack in the hotel room making the contents easy to access. Many companies make this style. You don't have to buy LL Bean.

I've got a (long-discontinued) fold-up toiletry kit from Eagle Creek that I bought probably 30 years ago. It's still going strong.

Top Bottom