What's new

Favorite DE Safety Razor

Favorite DE Safety Razor

• Total voters
I enjoy my Timeless bronze OC for a few days growth. If I am shaving every day it is my other razor GC 0.68. Those are my only two DE razors at the moment. In the last month I opted to leave my straights alone and decided to figure out blade razor combos for my two DE razors.
I love my timeless bronze but I went with the closed comb and really should have went with the OC.

I love my timeless bronze but I went with the closed comb and really should have went with the OC.

I have the closed comb too. I had them for six months. Tonight I finally tried a Treet blade in it and got a decent shave without irritation. I find it hard to get the angle right. Much easier with the OC, although it feels like I am diffusing a bond (I have to be that careful)...

The Merkur 38C, my first and only safety razor. I'm a newb who does his research, with only five DE shaves under my belt. I shave about once a week, so my tally isn't high.

The list is too narrow. Honestly, I like all of my razors, vintage and modern, it just depends on the day which one I reach for. Many times I will choose a razor that received a favorable B&B comment that reminds me that I miss that razor. My least favorite is my Fatboy and my 2 slims. If I was limited to a modern choice it would be the Blackbird for a 2-3 day growth or my Timeless for a 1-2 day shave. My vintage choices would be my Popular for a TTO and any NEW LC for a 3 piece vintage.

IMG_0113.jpg

So far my favorite is the Razorock SLOC. Double Comb!

Don't let the low price put you off. It's great because it holds in the moisture for polishing and doesn't clog. At 20 bucks it's a deal

I have 7 other razors that I feel obliged to rotate.

Funny thing is that all are good but there is a learning curve. Takes about 3 days to get it close to perfect.

Last 3 days I've been shaving with a Gillette 1960s slim. Best setting is 5.

Ive found my favorite blade to be the Personna Israelis Red. One that comes in the red packaging.

If the Gillette Slim Adjustable was on the board, I’d cast a vote. I like it better than my Fatboy, my Merkur Futur and my old Merkur 34C that I gave to my son.

Of all the choices listed the Merkur 38C is the only one I own,which is at the bottom of my list. My favorite is the Blackbird Open Comb

I was REALLY was hoping the Gamechanger .68 was gonna be the perfect daily driver but it just doesn’t shave me close enough. I think I’ll need to pick up the .84 base plate.
I couldn't get a close shave with the .68 sb and the .84 sb was good if I only had to shave 4 days in a row. After a lot of debate I got the .68 Jaws and it is so much more efficient than the .68 sb but just as smooth. I used it for two weeks straight without any irritation.

Really it all depends on the day. Usually I reach for a vintage Gillette, but my gamechanger 84 oc is fantastic as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom