What's new

Parker 78R

This razor is recommended for sensitive skin ?

• Total voters
78R-SC-on-box.jpg

It's not efficient enough for me however, to answer your question, it's wonderful for sensitive skin!

There's zero blade chatter! The geometry is easy to use and it's an excellent medium efficiency razor.

I liked it so much, I WISHED they would release it with higher efficiency!

If you're looking for a cost effective, medium efficiency razor that is just so easy on the skin, I would highly recommend it!

Alternatively, I would also suggest the Parker variant which is adjustable from super mild to highly efficient.

I ordered it from Amazon on 14/03, maybe I'll receive it today.

I found a photo on google image of the blade exposure, it looks neutral.

Capture Parker.JPG

The verdict ? This razor is a winner ! :badger:

I compare with the Rockwell plate 2, I would say 2.5

Beard shaving, cold water, palmolive soap, one WTG pass with a Lord Platinum blade, rinse with cold water, CCS result, no irritation, no cuts, no shaving burn.

Head shaving, cold water, palmolive soap, same blade, one pass WTG, rinse, one new pass ATG, cold water rinse, CSS result, no irritation, no cuts, no shaving burn.

This razor is simply great !

I have this razor. It was my first DE and is still my daily driver. I find it very dependent on the blade for efficiency and aggression. Maybe all razors are. I’m still new and learning.

My favorite blade is the Gillette 7 O’Clock yellow. Very smooth and reasonably efficient. I’ve been trying to find a non-Russian replacement for that blade. Maybe I’ll try the Lord Platinum based on @Babou’s review.

The Parker blades that come with the razor are just okay. They are “safe” and not aggressive but a little less efficient, too.

I found Feathers and Kais to be too aggressive for me. The Tatra Platinum was good but a bit much for daily shaving.

All of that is to say that I’ve had some good shaves with the 78R. I’d recommend it especially if you’re into experimenting with new blades to dial it in.

Top Bottom