What's new

Fatip Slant OC

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
11-17-20.FOCS.Vitos.RV-IBO.480JPG.JPG

I have no alignment issues at all with my Fatip OC Slant.

I use only Polsilver SI blades (and Wizament SI which are 100% the same as Polsilver SI). The blades don't stick at all or do anything weird.

Fatip.Slants.2.640.3-20-20.JPG

That said, I have other Fatip non-slant razors which do have tiny alignment issues, kinda sorta. Mostly their alignment is good enough even without fiddling with the blade. Still, I do align these blades to achieve perfect alignment (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't). This little bit of alignment by hand, once you get used to doing it, takes about zero energy and two or five seconds at most; it becomes as easy as pie very soon on the learning curve.

One of my Fatips (the Schöne) had several issues. I returned it to the vendor (on Amazon) which was easily done, and bought another Schöne from the same vendor, a razor which has had no issues.

FatipGrande.Nickel.Mk1.640,6-18.ebay..jpgNickle fatip gentile.jpgFatip-Piccolo-DE-Safety-Razor-Nickel-Finish-1.jpg

I have both slants, a Plisson-Joris, a Schöne, two Mk1 Grandes, an Mk2 Grande, a Gentile, and a Piccolo. I think that covers Fatip's range of razor head designs pretty well. All are really very good razors, but I think the Mk1 and the FOCS are the best two, with the FOCS being the best one. Not everyone will agree of course nor should they.

My least favorite is the Piccolo because I think its handle is too skinny.

Schöne Razor.jpgJoris-Palladium.jpeg

Fatip makes the Schöne and the P-J, or so everyone says and so I believe. Other than the fancy P-J razors the other Fatips are very inexpensive for solid metal (not pot metal) razors.

Happy shaves,

Jim

They are indeed great razors and shave wise I have no complains at all. I had a Fatip Grande which was my go to razor, but I sold it once i've got the FOCS. Both shave very similar, but the FOCS is slightly better and at that time I was trying to sell a few of the razors that I no longer use and care about and I didn't see any point of keeping two versions of the same razor. I might buy a Schone though, since they are out of production and some claim that they are a bit smoother than a regular Fatip Grande.

I don't know if the problem comes from the blades or from the top cap, but my FOCS definitely has a problem with loading that one Polsilver and Nacet ( I haven't used any other Nacet or Polsilver blades yet), while the BIC Chrome Platinums and a few other blades from other brands fit without any issue whatsoever. When I first got the razor I used the Polsilver to see if it's align and the blade got stuck between the pins and the screw and then I contacted the seller and he told me to try with another blade which I did and it was ok and I thought that it was probably an issue with that blade and I told him that everything is ok and that's it. I think I should have probably told him to send me another one, but oh well I guess I have to live with that or maybe at some point buy another FOCS and try to get rid of this one and hopefully the new owner won't use such blades.

Just stumbled on this thread and the other FOCS slant thread, are there any pictures of how bad misalignment is on some of the defective ones. I'm going to order 2 and hope at least 1 is aligned right.
I have no alignement problem on mine and Astra sp, Feathers and Bic chrome platinum fits no problem in it. All 3 works great in that razor but the Bics are my new favorite. On 2nd shave, they become the smoothest. Even if I had a small misalignment on that Razor I think I could handle it because it's a smooth razor and for FOCS sake, it's a Slant after all. ( Naturally misaligned )
IMG_20200926_142305~3.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom