What's new

Fatip Slant OC

I've always been curious about slant razors and I finally decided to pull the trigger. Since my go to razor is a Fatip Grande OC and I remember reading some old topics about the efficiency of the OC razors compared to slants and decided to get the ''best'' of both worlds and get myself a Fatip OC slant.

Does anyone have experience with the razor and is there any major difference between both OC and CC versions? From what I see here and there, most people really like it a lot and some even claim that its arguably the best Fatip model so far. I don't really know much about slants and I think they are the only type of razors that I haven't tried yet.

I've asked the seller to check the razor before he send it for any defects/misalignments and hopefully i'm going to dodge the bullet and get a non defective Fatip.

The Fatip OC slant is the best razor they make.

The SB Slant is too mild for me, but it's still a good razor.

How can the retailer check alignment without putting a blade into it? They will have to open a bunch of boxes. They could risk damaging the cardboard sleeve that goes on each box. Just seems like a lot to ask, in my opinion.

Just buy it. They aren't that expensive. Heck, mine doesn't align well, and it still shaves awesome.

Does anyone have experience with the razor and is there any major difference between both OC and CC versions? From what I see here and there, most people really like it a lot and some even claim that its arguably the best Fatip model so far. I don't really know much about slants and I think they are the only type of razors that I haven't tried yet.
This thread may be of interest to you; https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/f-o-c-s-fiends.594919/

Obviously the seller can't check all the razors and pick the perfect one, but also it wouldn't be nice if I get one of the rare unusable Fatips that some people get from time to time. A slight misalignment wouldn't be a problem and i'm also not a fan of returning defective goods.

It is THE best razor as it relates to performance without drama, irritation or blood I’ve tried.

I have a stable of all the best vintage.

I’ve tried many of the best modern razors.

The FOCS beats everything in effortless and easy perfect shaves. I bought a second one in case something happens to my first one, both have perfect alignment.

Just get one, if you end up being one of the unlucky few who end up with one that has misaligned posts, just return it but even if you simply sent for another, it would be worth it.

Italian Sorcery...

4A1525A7-DC9B-44FD-821C-05F1F9A95176.jpeg

How good is compared to the regular OC Fatip? I wasn't very impressed with the Fatip from the first few shaves, but after a while it became my main razor and sold many of my razors, heads and handles because of it.

How good is compared to the regular OC Fatip? I wasn't very impressed with the Fatip from the first few shaves, but after a while it became my main razor and sold many of my razors, heads and handles because of it.
I never owned the Grande or Piccolo so I can’t answer.

I Know if I had to pick one DE out of all razors, it would be the 🦊

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

My favorite of the non-slant Fatips is the Mk1 Grande. I also have the Schöne, the Plisson-Joris, a Piccolo, a non-Mk1 Grande. I think that covers the range of their functional differences.

My favorite of the Fatips is the new Fatip Open Comb Slant. My other razors - all of them, not just Fatips, not just other DE razors - are getting dusty.

Happy shaves,

Jim

For those who have more experience with OC razors, please advise

I never had slant or OC razor, now I use rockwell, plates 6 and 4. What to start with, Piccolo or just go for the SLOC?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

I never had slant or OC razor, now I use rockwell, plates 6 and 4. What to start with, Piccolo or just go for the SLOC?

I don't understand what you're asking. What does the SLOC have to do with the Piccolo or slants?

Happy shaves,

Jim

The SLOC or Yaqi Mellon are among the mildest OC heads out there and perfect for beginners. I bought one a while ago to try it out but I find it too mild for me. If you like the Rockwell 6S, you might also like those as well. I recently sold my Rockwell 6S, because it was too mild and inefficient for me even with sharper blades like Feather or Polsilver.

It is THE best razor as it relates to performance without drama, irritation or blood I’ve tried.

I have a stable of all the best vintage.

I’ve tried many of the best modern razors.

The FOCS beats everything in effortless and easy perfect shaves. I bought a second one in case something happens to my first one, both have perfect alignment.

Just get one, if you end up being one of the unlucky few who end up with one that has misaligned posts, just return it but even if you simply sent for another, it would be worth it.

Italian Sorcery...

View attachment 1165596
I totally agree. Here's the history of my neck : wet shaving début: wife : that's true, your next looks better, no more ingrown hair. Then after a week using only the FOCS because of OCtober, realize that my neck got better again from "better" to perfect because of that razor. No redness or nothing. Sadly tried another Razor yesterday and got few nicks but the FOCS has became my favorite Razor and that only after a few shaves with it. Efficient and Smooth. All what I want.

How do you like your FOCS ? I think I will try it too, looking for a new OC razor.

So far I had 2 shaves with my FOCS and I really like it. My only mistake was that I used a ''new'' blade that i'm not very familiar with (Astra Superior Platinum) and although the results were not bad, I suspect that if I use better blade like Polsilver SI or BIC Chrome Platinum, the shave would be a lot better. It's also my first slant razor and when you combine the price and the quality it really is a keeper. Now I have to wait for the BIC blades to arrive to give it a proper try, since they work very well in my Fatip OC.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Third shave with the FOCS this morning. It's a pretty good shaver. I'm surprised at just how good it is quite honestly. I have several razors that are considered high end, modern razors and without question, it shaves just as good or better depending on the shave. Consider...a $40 razor competing with a $200+ razor. Not that price is everything, but that's impressive nevertheless. This morning, I popped in one of my better blades into it, a Personna Israeli Red. Was a good match. This razor is a keeper. It has excellent tactile face feel while not being overly aggressive or feeling dangerously unpredictable. It shaves very close, easy to get a BBS with this razor. It's just downright impressive. My other Fatip has alignment issues...thankfully, the FOCS does not.

Just stumbled on this thread and the other FOCS slant thread, are there any pictures of how bad misalignment is on some of the defective ones. I'm going to order 2 and hope at least 1 is aligned right.

Pretty much all Fatips have alignment issues and if you can play a little with the blade to align it, that's ok, but my bigger issues with the FOCS is that some blades like Polsilver and Nacet don't fit very well and removing them can be painful and annoying. The other thing that i've noticed is that the blade which won't fit without forcing them a bit can't align perfectly and on one side they feel a bit milder and inefficient while the other side is more efficient. So far i've seen only one person who has this issue and I think I should have returned the razor and tried with a new one. I can live with that, but I would gladly pay a bit more to have a razor in which I just drop the blade and get on with the shave.

Top Bottom