What's new

Fatip Piccolo Storto and Yaqi Mellon

They are for sure different. The DOC has bars to secure the blade, while the Yaqi has round pegs.
I just received the SS version of the Yaqi Mellon from BST, and it has bars too. I peeked on the PAA website, and the DOC looks like it has curved cutaways for the blade tab ends. In short, different heads between the two vendors.

By the way, first shave tonight with the SS Yaqi Mellon. Nice, comfortable and efficient shave. Yes, I felt the teeth of the comb more than the FOCS, but it was not at all uncomfortable.

I think I prefer the FOCS because it just exudes Italian style and charm :)

I just received the SS version of the Yaqi Mellon from BST, and it has bars too. I peeked on the PAA website, and the DOC looks like it has curved cutaways for the blade tab ends. In short, different heads between the two vendors.

By the way, first shave tonight with the SS Yaqi Mellon. Nice, comfortable and efficient shave. Yes, I felt the teeth of the comb more than the FOCS, but it was not at all uncomfortable.

I think I prefer the FOCS because it just exudes Italian style and charm :)
Interesting. The Zamac and SS Mellon are quite different then. Someone mentioned filing the teeth a bit on the SS if it is uncomforable. But once you do that, you can't go back!

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
According to AliExpress, the weight of the Yaqi head is 25 grams and the material is zinc alloy. The PAA DOC is advertised as having a weight of 20 grams and the material is also zinc alloy. If these reported weights are accurate, their is likely to be some difference between the two.
You can also get the Yaqi Mellon Head in SS.

Top Bottom