What's new

Fatboy Friday!

E-1 set on 9 Astra SP
Not sure how how many shaves are on the blade. Probably somewhere in the 20s, still going strong and giving quick and easy DFS.

A day late, hopefully just a dollar short! Yesterday (Friday, Sept 1) was my first ever shave with the Fatboy, an E-2, set at 3, with a Personna Platinum Chrome on its 5th shave. For those interested, the background is here.

Many that own the Slim and the Fatboy prefer the Slim. --snip--

I've been using the same 1962 slim since I started shaving back in the early 70's. I had it rhodium plated a few years ago.

I just picked up a 1960 fat boy for $5 from an "antique" shop while downstate Illinois for the eclipse. After some serious cleaning and then 3 shaves with the fat boy, I prefer the fat boy. It seems to have better balance, fits my grip better, and it seems to shave easier - maybe because it's a bit heavier? I guess this one needs to get re-plated...

SOTD20170922.jpg

I forgot to post yesterday, but I did break out my E-1 for the first time in a few months. I've been doing SEtember and OCtober, so the Fatty has been sitting and waiting patiently. Wide open and a GSB with about a dozen shaves or so on it. Great shave, felt like Friday again. :thumbsup:

G-2 set to 5 with a Gillette Super Silver Platinum Plus (15) and La Toja soap. Followed the shave with a splash of Pinaud Lime Sec. Great shave.

Been too long since I had a Fatboy Friday. I've had new and/or infrequently used razors in rotation for several months. Felt good to have a familiar and comfortable-to-use razor in my hand again. No fear of nicks or irritation.

I've ridden the Gillette Super Silver to over 30 shaves in previous attempts, but I think this one is done. I'll do a shave next Friday with the razor set to 7 and decide then if I should bin it.

Nice shave today with an E-2, the year my father left home for school. With a new Bic Chrome Platinum, it was an easy shave.

Sent via my Samsung

I haven't had my G2 out in awhile so I loaded a fresh Gillette SP black and set it out for tonights shave. I mostly leave it set to 6. I think I'll probably leave it out for awhile now, it's always a pleasure to use.

Top Bottom