What's new

Fatboy Friday!

F2 on 7
Nacet (18)
Omega S-Brush
Cella soap
Dickinson's witch hazel
Clubman Bay Rum

Almost stuck with yesterday's OT. I wanted to see how the well-used blade was behaving in the Fatboy and was pretty pleased.

Almost stuck with yesterday's OT. I wanted to see how the well-used blade was behaving in the Fatboy and was pretty pleased.
The Fatboy is the best razor I've found for squeezing a few extra shaves from a blade. I think a lot of it is do to the extra weight in the head giving more momentum. Also it has great blade rigidity.

The Fatboy is the best razor I've found for squeezing a few extra shaves from a blade. I think a lot of it is do to the extra weight in the head giving more momentum. Also it has great blade rigidity.
I wouldn't have guessed that a TTO razor would have that much rigidity, but you can't argue the results! The Fatboy is a winner in this respect.

Fatboy Friday!

F2 Fatboy on 7 / Nacet (25)
Dealing with a bit of a crisis this morning so a quick shower shave. Still turned out nice.

Gillette E1 Date Code 195 Adjustable Fat Boy.JPG
It is about time that I got off of my duff and posted my entry photograph of my Friday night shaving tool- an E1 Fat Boy, found in the wild in Clarksville, Virginia with its original case. The razor's first owner was a Victor Strum, who built the building that houses the antique store following WWII as his successful grocery store. Hopefully I will pass muster. Truth be known- Victor was a Flare Tip Super Speed man by the looks of things until he purchased his own Fat Boy. After all- he was a Gillette dealer and purchased only their best for himself... God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Nice razor Tony!

Happy Fatboy Friday everyone.

Today's tool was my G1 Fatboy loaded with a Shark SS. This is a great combination for me. Set at 5 it got me to BBS-.

Thanks Dex- I will be plowing the field of whisker stubble with it tonight, and soon will see it even better with the new glasses I will be fitted with this afternoon. I owe this heavy- revy (this true shaving revelation) to you my friend! I hope those dial numbers are holding up Sir! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

My Fatboy is not nearly that pretty, but it gets the job done...

F2 Fatboy on 7
Nacet (32)
Omega S-Brush
Cella soap
Dickinson's witch hazel
Clubman to finish

Thanks Mike- I use the daylights out of my razors and take good care of them- just ask Cap, as they all pass through his hands first. I like him to go over my razors so that they are at their optimum and ready for duty. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

G2 Fatboy today set at 5 with a new GSB.

Today's shave was one of the best new blade shaves I have ever had. Usually the first shave with any blade is rough, but not today. :thumbup:

G-2 set to 5 with Shark Super Chrome blade (10)
SuperMax cream/VDH super lather

Nine previous shaves using the Shark, all in other razors, all less than stellar. Count on the Fatboy to turn shave number 10 into the best of the lot.

E-1 on 9 with an Astra SP around 20 or 25ish, not sure still going strong though. Quick and easy 2 pass DFS!:thumbup1:

Decided to give the Super Speed a rest and switched to the Fatboy for Friday. On 9 the shave was marginally better than yesterday's SS shave, both with the well-used Nacet. Soap was Cella and the brush was my usual Omega synthetic. Finished with a splash of witch hazel and some Clubman.

Once again switched to the Fatboy today. Doing ok with the Nacet after 80 shaves. Cranked open to 9 managed to get an acceptable shave.

Top Bottom