What's new

Fatboy Aggressivness

For those lads that shave with a Fatboy...
What do you have to take the aggressiveness (4, 7, 9?) to in order to get a close DFS/BBS shave?

If you have an FB with the different gaps on each side, have you found that it effects the performance?

Cheers,
Nick.

Last edited:
Mine pretty much stay at 7 or 8 for three pass BBS shaves. Two passes at 7 gives me a DFS every time. Anything less than 7 and I have to do more passes which creates irritation.

Mine have even blade gaps.

depending on what blade anywhere from 5-7 is the normal for 3/4 passes.

The key is experiment and dont give up too early.

I do one WTG, one XTG and one ATG pass on #5, then buff XTG and ATG on #7. I do this with all my adjustable Gillettes and find it works very well: BBS and no irritation. You gotta experiment with the settings and also with different blades if you use more than one type.

Good luck,

jim

i rarely use my FB in favour of my slim adjustable, which i use most of all my razors, but with that i go wtg on 3 and then atg on 9 usually dfs with no irritation i occasionally go back down to about 7 for xtg. i think 9 is probably overkill but it forces me to keep concentration and i like the angle it works at for atg.

Thanks for the replies :biggrin:

It seems 7 is a good place. I shaved on 8 yesterday and found it irritating after 2 passes.
Experimenting worked well - thanks for the tip. Its a very forgiving razor to use.

Normally I use 9, unless I feel like I'm going to cut myself someplace, then I'll switch to 7. Such a solid razor

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Depends on which of the Not So Slim Boys I use - my travel razor (just a bit brassed but running fine) gets a 7 setting, the homeboy goes at 8, unless there is some special reason to crank it up to the 9, and I do that only with a one shave old hand stropped Feather ..

Top Bottom