What's new

Fake weather reports

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yeah, that exact time thing cracks me up.

I have a British accented woman on my phone that tell me when I am going to arrive at my destination. It's scary but understandable that SHE is right more often than not!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
OMG! Is that supposed to be English he is speaking? It almost sounds German to my ears.
I was wondering the same thing, but I didn't want anyone on here thinking I wasn't "cultured!"

Seriously. I did think it was a foreign language!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yesterday I checked my digital gauge against my mercury gauge and they were absolutely identical. But the weatherman told me it was 6° hotter. I give up I’m gonna go with what I’ve got and then ignore what they tell me.The second thing on my mind is how can science, in some type of an equation for an indices, tell me what I’m feeling? I ignore that too. Fake, it’s all fake I say…lol!!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Yesterday I checked my digital gauge against my mercury gauge and they were absolutely identical. But the weatherman told me it was 6° hotter. I give up I’m gonna go with what I’ve got and then ignore what they tell me.The second thing on my mind is how can science, in some type of an equation for an indices, tell me what I’m feeling? I ignore that too. Fake it’s all fake I say…lol!!
😉 I gave up on a popular geography magazine when the cover showed waves smashing halfway up the skyscrapers on Manhattan... 🤔 Think it was supposed to be in 2021.

AA

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Texas Weather is not that hard to understand. My wife (a yankee) wanted to move back north where there are “seasons.” I was like we have seasons in Texas. Then she said “I want to see the trees change colors in the fall.” I said “brown is a color.” In the end we compromised and did what she wanted.

005B0DEA-F875-4B3F-A229-1B7BBA0B71FF.jpeg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I really don’t think the weather is fake. Or that there is some conspiracy to report 6degrees different from your area. Tv weather use national or regional weather recording sites not your house. Temps can vary over a state or territory.
That being said I don’t know the last time I watched tv weather.
“Is it going to rain tomorrow? Tune in at 11” …. Or I’ll just look at my phone weather app NOW and find out. Lol
Local tv sports and weather are geared to invalids and shut ins with no internet service.
Years ago a local tv weather “star” had seats in the row in front of me at a college basketball arena. (Great guy by the way) he used to slip out in the second half of night games so he could drive the 1/2 hour to the station and do the evening weather in the 11 o’clock news. Moral of the story, he wasn’t there all day/night laboring over weather data and satellite maps. He probably strolled in a few minutes before smiled a lot and read some copy typed up for him. Double moral of that story, I want that job!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I really don’t think the weather is fake. Or that there is some conspiracy to report 6degrees different from your area. Tv weather use national or regional weather recording sites not your house. Temps can vary over a state or territory.
That being said I don’t know the last time I watched tv weather.
“Is it going to rain tomorrow? Tune in at 11” …. Or I’ll just look at my phone weather app NOW and find out. Lol
Local tv sports and weather are geared to invalids and shut ins with no internet service.
Years ago a local tv weather “star” had seats in the row in front of me at a college basketball arena. (Great guy by the way) he used to slip out in the second half of night games so he could drive the 1/2 hour to the station and do the evening weather in the 11 o’clock news. Moral of the story, he wasn’t there all day/night laboring over weather data and satellite maps. He probably strolled in a few minutes before smiled a lot and read some copy typed up for him. Double moral of that story, I want that job!
True, I don’t think the weather is fake (I just walk outside to see what’s going on) and that’s not my point in this thread. It’s the weather person that you talked about that is giving me fake info that’s all.

Now, if my local weather person told me, “we are using an average of 20 different monitoring services around the city to get an somewhat accurate temperature reading“ I would tend to believe that. It seems in my city they (weather persons) use two of the hottest places in our town to report temps. A military base, and the airport.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Austin has (or at least used to have) a pretty robust amateur meteorological society that had a web page where you could get real time weather readings from all over the Austin area. I haven’t looked for it for about 15yrs so it may not be around anymore.

Top Bottom