What's new

Face lotion safety question

I notice on several of my bottles of lotion that it warns to not apply the product to damaged or broken skin.

Therefore my question is: Is freshly shaved skin, with a blade, considered damaged or broken?

Those warnings are more about open wounds.

Anything made for use after shaving should be fine and cause no issues.

As with all things though, try a little before you use a lot. YMMV

Those warnings are more about open wounds.

Anything made for use after shaving should be fine and cause no issues.

As with all things though, try a little before you use a lot. YMMV

+1! The point about an AS lotion should be to help your skin after minor shaving trauma.

I have always wondered if were any issues with applying general purpose sunscreen right after a close shave. Such as clogging pores, wrong ingredients, etc.

I don't apply sunscreen everyday, and when at home can use something intended for the face. But when traveling and needing to apply right after a shave is when i sometimes have a second thought. But I do apply.

I have always had some thoughts on the chemicals used for sun creams, Could they be more of a problem than a little sun? To much sun is definitely bad , no question on that . But as for using it every day all year long , sun or cloudy ? I think money for the makers of these products is behind some of this . And now the big push on taking vitamin D is the new preventer of certain cancers .

I use raw unrefined shea butter or shea and mango butter mixed. Goes on a little greasy but won't clog pores and works great to mosturize. I'm a night shaver so the greasiness doesn't bother me. Very affordable as well.

Top Bottom