What's new

Excellent New Aftershave Mix!

All,

I am a huge fan of Krampert's Frostbite, in particular the effect the frankincense EO has on my skin after a tough shave.

I decided to experiment a bit, and cam up with the following formulation. I do caution that this is menthol and frankincense heavy, so if you want to try it, start light on those two items:

In a 2 OZ bottle (I use a Thayers sampler bottle)

1/2 Thayers Medicated Superhazel
1/2 Osage Rub
1-2 menthol crystals
15-20 drops frankincense EO.

Let sit overnight to allow the menthol to dissolve. Shake well before each use.

A great aftershave to calm your face down after a rough shave, or a very refreshing splash everyday. It also fades very quickly, allowing you to layer another AS, or an ASB, or EdT.

This is not meant as a replacement for Frostbite, which is a fine aftershave on its own. Just a different approach.

Kramerica's FrankinMent. I like it! Seriously thanks for the recipe. I've been wanting to make my own preshave oil & AS, and I plan on trying this when my restraint is up, maybe with some added alcohol though.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I'm guilty of keeping Bootlegger's recipe's cheap, and have already stolen money from my wife's purse twice for more snakebite just in order to make that witch's brew of yours. Damn you.

Top Bottom