What's new

Corona Style winner: Review of Captain's Choice Nor'easter Aftershave Balm

So I was one of the winners of the Contest Corona Style by Captain's Choice (@Captain Pre-Capsize), along with @chillybase and @GNR. We were allowed to choose what we wanted, and we each picked a different product in the line. I've got too many soaps and aftershaves, so I went for the balm which I try to use every day. Even us dudes need to moisturize. So on with my first use and review.

I got it this past Friday afternoon so I saved it for my Sunday shave. I went with my regular soap, razor, and blade combination which is Arko, a Shark SS with about 15 uses, and a Silver Star DE (Arko not in photo). I lathered with my Ever Ready T100 with a 22mm TGN 2 band best fan knot. It was a good 3 pass shave, but that Shark bit me on my neck with a tiny weeper. I binned it after the shave, as it's very rare for me to get a weeper of any kind any more. I followed with a cold water rinse which was enough to staunch the weeper. I dried and went on to the post shave.

So I smelled the Nor'easter balm and it was a huge nostalgic blast. Immediately it reminded me of the ever-present bottle of Drakkar Noir on my shelf! It's always been a favorite of mine, but not one I indulge in wearing too often as I think it's a bit much and somewhat dated for the office. I applied it and it quickly absorbed with zero greasy feeling. It's very light and applies very easily. It left my skin feeling very soft and moisturized and it calmed down any irritation from my less-than-perfect shave. It has a little menthol that I think is very well done. It's a nice, cool refreshing feeling without eyes watering or face freezing - perfect! I was feeling and smelling great. It's been a few hours now and the scent is a very close skin scent now. The scent is nice, and barely lasts two hours. I think thats' a good thing. The bonus is now I can can get a fix of one of my favorite scents any day of the week, not just the occasional weekend indulgence or night out. Thanks Captain for a great addition to my collection, I will be using it often over the coming months. Highly recommended!
IMG_3658.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom