What's new

Eversharp and Schick injectors...good shaves

Found one of each, then went and bought some injector blades (always wondered how that system worked...it's very clever).

If you like the frighteningly close shave of a SE razor but have been put off by them (as I have), an injector is worth your time. I still like my DE but both injectors took off more hair on the first pass, going just as lightly as I do with a DE. And no scrapes.

Look around and you'll find one for less than you'll pay for the blades. It's worth it!

If you like the frighteningly close shave of a SE razor but have been put off by them (as I have), an injector is worth your time.

It's good that you've discovered injector razors. What about SE's has put you off? Aesthetics? Reputation? Bood and pain? :smile:

- Chris

It's good that you've discovered injector razors. What about SE's has put you off? Aesthetics? Reputation? Bood and pain? :smile:

- Chris

As near as I can tell, it's two things: the length of the handle (too short) and the quality of blades I've found locally. The old Ever Ready with the short "chain link" handle is nice enough and for some reason I'm really fond of it. But no matter how carefully and lightly I go, it wants blood and it gets blood, every time. I suspect it's my blades. If the handle were longer I'd have already sought out a better quality SE blade for it and would have a rotation just to include it.

The Gem Micromatic...I dunno, I just can't get the hang of it. Of the two, the Ever Ready is better.

But an injector is better yet!

Injectors shave distressingly well.

They don't have the aesthetics and ergonomics of a Gillette DE razor, but they deliver on performance.

I wish they delivered terrible shaves, then I could be done with them.:rolleyes:

How many brands of injectors are there...basically just Schick's and Eversharps?

/not looking to acquire...not...look--grrk--must not...check...eba--

ASR made PAL's for a long time and made a Personna branded brushed stainless steel jobber in the 70's. If you'd been on the ball, you could have purchased a PAL adjustable and Personna from me on B/S/T last week. :smile:

Eversharp was a later branding of the Schick product, often used together as an Eversharp Schick.

- Chris

Last edited:
The Eversharp feels better in the hand, with that chunky, ribbed black handle. The Schick has that semi-smooth handle; just doesn't grip right for me.

Top Bottom