What's new

Everready SE

I am thinking about trying to build a collection of Everready SE razors I have a couple now does anybody know how many different models they produced.

Only Everready or also GEMs?

Here's my collection:
full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
There are fewer EverReady's than GEMS. Off the top of my head you have the 1912, the 1914, and the 1924. All good shavers that should be a part of everyone's collection. The rest of my SE's are GEMs with one STAR 1912 thrown in for good measure.

Dear Green Hornet

I would start by locating and buying one of each of the razors in the collection that the Razor Rajah has pictured for us. After you accomplish that, check back with us for further direction. :) Seriously keep us posted on your progress. Good luck!

SantaMariaSteve

Start with the Streamline. Look for the set. You may not want to go further than that. The quality of the set is second to none.

Here's one of mine.

Ever-Ready made several early lather catchers, the 1914 came with two different handles, the 1924 came in nickel and gold finish, along with a shorter handle travel version. The ER version of the 1912 that came out in 1930 is available in a couple variations, some made in the US and some in England. There are also ER versions of the Feather Weight and the Heavy Flat Top.

That's a great set Haiku, I'm regularly out bid on those whenever they show up on the 'bay.
I have a few Ever Ready 1912s, nickel plated with the decorative handles, then I have this:

full

full

full

The razor itself is chunkier and heavier then a standard ER 1912 and looks like chrome plate, I picked it up locally for £15. There's a set like it pictured in the Waits Compendium but I haven't seen one any where else.

What's with the Streamline posts today? I had hoped people had forgotten about it, I was finally beginning to stop NEEDING ONE SO BADLY IT HURTS!

IainJ-Your killing me....I have too many ER Streamlines and you have the last ER set I want. I have been outbid on that set 3 times so far. It's killing me. And here you show off a beautiful example. Very nice.

To the OP, I think everyone else has you covered....there is a plethora of razors regardless of if you stay just with ER or do both Gem and ER. Good Luck!

If you are only interested in ERs, then you're basically looking at 4 different models, but there were variations in each model. Different packaging, different handles, different Countries of origin, etc. so there's still a lot ot collect.

Ever-Ready 1912 - Came in Siver and Gold finish
Ever-Ready 1914 AKA "Little Lather Catcher" - identified by "Lift Here" on the sides of the head.
Ever-Ready 1924 AKA "Shovel head" - Had at least 2 different head designs
Ever-Ready Streamline - Came as just the razor, or in a set with the strop.

I don't have a streamline :( But here is a condensed version of my pictures above, showing only my ERs.

Note: 1912s are not to scale due to cut/paste.

Attachments

• $ER1.jpg
    $ER1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 148
I think i will concentrate on the every ready's they look the same as gems but for some reason i like them better.

Good plan. I like them better. The English ER are better for me than the American ER's and Gems. My English ER 1912 outshaves just about any other razor I have (over 50 :wink:).

Dear Green Hornet

I would start by locating and buying one of each of the razors in the collection that the Razor Rajah has pictured for us. After you accomplish that, check back with us for further direction. :) Seriously keep us posted on your progress. Good luck!

SantaMariaSteve
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you, I do love the Streamlines.

Yours is a beautiful Ever Ready set! I've not seen this model before, does the razor have a decorated top to it?

That's a great set Haiku, I'm regularly out bid on those whenever they show up on the 'bay.
I have a few Ever Ready 1912s, nickel plated with the decorative handles, then I have this:

full

full

full

The razor itself is chunkier and heavier then a standard ER 1912 and looks like chrome plate, I picked it up locally for £15. There's a set like it pictured in the Waits Compendium but I haven't seen one any where else.

Top Bottom