What's new

Ever-Ready

Found the Beauty early in the Summer, but did not buy it. This person had two more massive garage sales and I got it.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Put a SE Gem(Persona) blade in it. Got the absolute worst shave of my life. My poor neck was lit up with about 20 weepers.

i have 3 1912s now. i guess its the same problem i had to begin with. you need to get the angle right or it just hacks lumps out of you, or misses the stubble completly. luckily the crap blades i get in the uk mean i havent actually managed to cut myself yet :D

Last edited:
There were some comments on this same model razor in another thread today. If you are interested, that thread was entitled,"1924/1925 Ever-Readys: anyone had any experience?"

Regards,
Tom

That will be a fantastic shaver with a good blade and the right technique. Don't give up on it just yet, your persistence will be rewarded.

I know it must be my technique. At this point, I think I will wait until a vacation to try it again. I am not a razor collector, have no idea how rare (I assume it is a 1912?) it is. If I can't get the knack, I will swap it.

I know it must be my technique. At this point, I think I will wait until a vacation to try it again. I am not a razor collector, have no idea how rare (I assume it is a 1912?) it is. If I can't get the knack, I will swap it.

It's not a 1912. They're hinged at the back and have a thumb tab that you push down on.

- Chris

I *think* that's the 1924. I have one in gold and it's a superb shaver. They do take a bit of fiddling to figure out however. Just tackle it again when you have some time. Be sure to check for previous posts on technique, there have been some good ones posted already.

Top Bottom