What's new

Ever-Ready Brushes are still being made.

I didn't know this and maybe others don't either, but these brushes are still being made. I was vacationing over in West Virginia, visiting relatives and was in the town of Hagertown MD. My aunt needed to see a doctor there. The medical plaza (whose name escapes me) had a pharmacy of course. I went in to look around and found an Ever-Ready natural bristle brush NIB on the shelf. Bottom of the box says Distributed by American Safety Razor Co. Staunton VA. 24402.
Looks just like all the vintage brushes. Natural boar bristle with a cream and red handle. Price was $12.19. Bought it of course. Have used it once. It is shedding. Will see how it goes. If nothing else, I can always stick a silvertip badger in it from the Golden Nib if the plug falls out.
And yes it did make a decent lather with my L'Occitane Cade SS. But I feel that the handle is a bit on the smallish side.
One point about this is that I thought maybe there might be some individuals who might try to sell these as vintage brushes on a certain popular auction site. Just so you know. If you didn't already.

I have the same brush from Wal-mart. Marketed under the Burma Shave name. Natural Bristle. Paid less than 5 bucks. 12.19 is a bit high for that brush.

I have the same brush from Wal-mart. Marketed under the Burma Shave name. Natural Bristle. Paid less than 5 bucks. 12.19 is a bit high for that brush.

The Burma Shave brush was my first brush. Considering what I know and use now, it's like comparing a Chevy Vega to a Subaru Outback.

Top Bottom