Before:

proxy.php

After:

TGN 16mm finest, 45mm loft

proxy.php

proxy.php

Post bloom:

proxy.php

Very nice job! I have done an F40 and a 200T (They have the same shape as this handle.). I have one issue with the aesthetics of these brushes: it seems as though the handle is trying pinch off the knot! Classic ER handles, though, and deserving of a great knot, like the Finest, and a great restoration, as you accomplished! Enjoy it!

Last edited:
Nice job. I would have gone with a larger knot, but seeing your finished brush - you made the right choice - it looks perfectly balanced.

I have one issue with the aesthetics of these brushes: it seems as though the handle is trying pinch off the knot!

I agree 100%. I just love that style of ER brush though for sentimental reasons. It's what I grew up watching my grand dad and pops shave with.

But (imo) the 200T models aren't nearly as bad for pinching the knot as other ER models of this shape. I have a couple of those (200T models) I'm restoring right now. I'll get pics up tomorrow after the epoxy sets if you'd like to see them.

Thats a great job, did you have any trouble with the 16mm knot? was that the original size of the brush?

I didn't have any trouble. I just set it maybe 5mm lower than the original.
The original knot *may* have been a 18mm. idk. I googled it but couldn't find info. It was larger than the 16, but the hole didn't measure a full 18mm either.

I have one issue with the aesthetics of these brushes: it seems as though the handle is trying pinch off the knot!

But (imo) the 200T models aren't nearly as bad for pinching the knot as other ER models of this shape. I have a couple of those (200T models) I'm restoring right now. I'll get pics up tomorrow after the epoxy sets if you'd like to see them.

Here's the 200T's after the epoxy has dried. imo that model doesn't pinch the knot like some ER's.

proxy.php
proxy.php

I agree 100%. I just love that style of ER brush though for sentimental reasons. It's what I grew up watching my grand dad and pops shave with.

You're right! The 200T seems to have less plastic up top. Those 2 look great, too. I gave my F40 and 200T away (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/202821-ER-200T-restoration?highlight=). I had a 100T that I sent the drill bit through! I'll get another to keep in my den, I think. Thanks for the photos.

Last edited:
Good job on the Ever-Ready!

It just so happens that I received this one yesterday from eBay...same model number and color, but with a metal waistband. I'm surprised at how light this brush is...the handle must be completely hollow. I think I'll open up the hole a bit...at least to 18mm, or maybe even 20mm...and fill the handle with something to give it extra weight.
$P1050428.JPG

It just so happens that I received this one yesterday from eBay...same model number and color, but with a metal waistband. I'm surprised at how light this brush is...the handle must be completely hollow. I think I'll open up the hole a bit...at least to 18mm, or maybe even 20mm...and fill the handle with something to give it extra weight.

Yeah, they are hollow. If you need a wine cork pm me your address and I'll send you a couple on Monday (I scored a handful at a local restaurant the other night.)

Same model as yours with a 16mm best from TGN...

proxy.php

Yeah, they are hollow. If you need a wine cork pm me your address and I'll send you a couple on Monday (I scored a handful at a local restaurant the other night.)

Trust me, there's no shortage of wine corks around this house! :a54:

Actually, I keep a bag of them for my parrot...he loves to chew them up and toss the bits everywhere!

Trust me, there's no shortage of wine corks around this house! :a54:

Is it that hard to take the cork out of a bottle without much damage?
I don't drink wine (unless Thunderbird counts) so I really don't know. But, a couple of the ones the restaurant gave me were pretty chewed up. Not that I'm complaining cause they were free.

Is it that hard to take the cork out of a bottle without much damage?
I don't drink wine (unless Thunderbird counts) so I really don't know. But, a couple of the ones the restaurant gave me were pretty chewed up. Not that I'm complaining cause they were free.
The secret to extracting a wine cork is a good cork screw...and a little practice. If the restaurant is chewing up the corks, they probably have someone there that doesn't know what they're doing (and probably serving wine with chunks of cork floating in it...ecch!)

just got my 300pbt's in today,cant decide weather to reknot or not,here they are with the rest of the E-R bunch

Attachments

• $DSCN0712.jpg
    $DSCN0712.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 103
  • $DSCN0713.jpg
    $DSCN0713.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 101
Top Bottom