What's new

Ever-Ready 100 Red & White

This is my first restore. I used a Dremel with a cylindrical grinding bit to remove the old plug. The top and bottom halves of the egg-shaped part didn't match up quite right, so I filed the seam until the edges met and then polished it up. To add some heft, I glued a penny to the inside bottom and filled the handle with Bondo. Then I ground the Bondo back down to the depth that I wanted and set the new knot with 5-minute epoxy. The knot is a 20mm finest badger extra hair from TGN.

The final finishing touch will have to wait. As soon as I can get my hands on a lacquer stick, I'll refinish the lettering on the bottom.

View attachment 138362

Very nice. I do like those red and white Ever Ready handles. Good choice of knot too, the TGN Finest is a great knot.

I restored the same handle about a year ago with a TGN Best knot. That brush loves both soap and creams, and feels so good to hold! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

Dave

I'm having second thoughts about this. I found another red and white Ever-Ready, but the colors are reversed. I need that one, too. There are about a billion shave brush handles out there that need new knots... and I want all of them.

I'm having second thoughts about this. I found another red and white Ever-Ready, but the colors are reversed. I need that one, too. There are about a billion shave brush handles out there that need new knots... and I want all of them.

:lol::lol::lol:

That feels and sounds familiar.

Don

so many handles - not enought time....

Nice job! I love restored Ever Readys.. and that is an excellent knot too.

It's right at 50mm. The total knot length was about 60mm, so it's set just a couple of mm deeper than the plug.

I wondered about setting it deeper for soaps, but it looks like it's going to be fine. It's pretty stiff.

I love the shine on each part and how well they work together.

Nice job.

Now I just might have to begin looking for a red and white. I have a blue and white that needs a polish and shine like yours.

Top Bottom