What's new

Re-Knotted Ever-Ready 200W

This was my first brush restoration, and it really didn't turn out horribly if I do say so myself. This was passed onto me by my Grandmother after my Grandfather had passed away last year. It was in pretty rough shape from years of use. The knot I believe was a 22mm boar's hair that I just wasn't a huge fan of, plus it was shedding like crazy. I removed the old knot scissors, a drill, and a dremel tool. Somehow was able to remove the entire knot without damaging the original shelf the knot sat on, so rebuilding it wasn't needed. I weighted the handle with epoxy and some BBs to give it a good heft. After the epoxy was set I sanded and polished the handle and got rid of the seam. I went with a 24mm Maggard Synth knot, so I had to increase the diameter of the hole, also had to increase the depth a bit do it would sit properly (still don't think I set it far enough down, can still see the knot glue, but oh well.) All around I enjoyed bringing new life back into something from my Grandfather, and it actually is my go-to brush on a daily basis (love the synth knot). Still want to re-color in the lettering, just haven't bought anything to accomplish it yet.

Brush.jpg

On a side note - I haven't been able to find any information on this brush. I've searched and can't even find another example, let a lone what the age might even be. Any info would be nice, curious as to how old this guy really is.

The colors look really good together and the handle shape looks very ergonomic. I'm sure you will enjoy it very much. I used my grandfathers reknotted brush yesterday and I'm really glad I have a family memento.

Very nice. I’ve seen lots of 200s, but never a 200W. The knot you selected goes great with the handle colors and shape.

Top Bottom