What's new

Cracked my Every Ready 100T during resto

I wish I took pics but I was too bummed and in a rush.

After I bored out the old decrepit knot I got down to the lump of epoxy. Then during Dremel work, the upper and lower halves separated like a plastic Easter egg. "Cool!," thought I.

The epoxy was stuck inside the lower half and was hardened like glass. I got the bright idea to grab the tip of the epoxy bump with channel lock pliers to see if I could pull it out. But when I squeezed the bump it shattered like glass and took a piece of the bottom half with it. :07:

Now it has a blemish.

IMG_7976.PNG

The good thing about the separation is that it was easy to set the knot. I worked it evenly into the top, turned it upside down, and drizzled epoxy into it around the base and then hung it to dry.

I shot epoxy into the lower half with some BBs to weight it. So it's solid. And the top adhered to the bottom half nicely and securely.

I ordered a nice two-band for this. But Since I all but ruined this thing I dropped an old Whipped Dog silvertip knot that fell out of the original handle. But it actually came out looking ok. And totally functional. In fact, I might shave with it tomorrow!

IMG_7969.JPG

Top Bottom