Essential Pen Part II

B&B's Essential Pen Part II

The B&B team is very pleased to announce:
The continuation of the Badger and Blade Essential Pen-
by The Franklin-Christoph Pen Company

In keeping with the traditions of Essentials here at B&B,
we are pleased to announce the Franklin Christoph B&B Essential pen in
Badger Blue.

The Black bodied Tuxedo pen was a clear success and has now been retired.

This new Tuxedo pattern will have a Royal Blue body with chrome accents. The pen will be available as a Fountain Pen, a Traditional Rollerball (uses ink refills) or as a Cartridge Roller System allowing you to use Fountain Pen ink to fill the converter for the Rollerball pen. And for those not sure they would like to use a Fountain Pen all of the time, a kit has been added to allow you to change out the fountain pen nib and section to either the traditional Rollerball section or CRS Rollerball section.

The Fountain pen will be available in Steel nibs, widths include extra-fine, fine, medium and broad. In addition, Scott from F-C is allowing us to choose from the wide range of specialty nibs ground by the famed Nibmaster Mike Masuyama at NO additional charge, exclusively for this B&B Essential Pen.

♦ Markings will include the badger logo laser engraved on the top finial, as well as Badger and Blade around the bottom cap ring. The traditional four diamonds F-C markings will be layered on the clip.

♦ Cartridge / Converter (1 of each included) for fountain pens and CRS Rollerballs. Piper 888 refills for traditional rollerballs

♦ Spring Loaded Clips / Chrome Plated Trim

♦ Fountain Pens are available in factory Extra-Fine, Fine, Medium, and Broad. Additionally, custom ground nibs are available in needlepoint, medium italic, broad italic, medium stub, and broad stub. Custom nibs are ground by nib master Michael Masuyama.

♦ Designer's note: The FP and RB will post, but are a touch top heavy, so you may prefer writing without posting cap.

♦ Lifetime Warranty. Gift Box included. 30 Day Return Policy.

proxy.php

The price for the pens will be:
Fountain Pen $69.50
Traditional Rollerball $59.50
CRS Rollerball $59.50.
Rollerball Sections (traditional or CRS) $20.00

Measurements are 5.5 inches capped. Posted 6.5 inches. Diameter .48 inches. Weight 1.65 oz.

Prices will include Shipping, to the entire World! As stated, specialty nibs are included, as well as Franklin-Christoph's Life Time Warranty (check website for details).

To order your pen, Click this link, http://www.franklin-christoph.com/badger-and-blade.html, and order directly from the F-C Site.

As for any more of the particulars and shipping/delivery dates etc. Scott from Franklin Christoph will be along shortly

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Smokes, I think I like the blue colour More then the black 10 fold. That is a stunning pen this time around i may just need a B italic or stub, I think i shall put some thought into it

Yer just chuck full of surprises there Brian :thumbup:

I know my Medium Italic makes for a great letter, but its a bit scratchy, the stub should look incredible as well as be smooth on paper, its a great choice Wherndon you will love it. The etchings on the cap with the badger logo look fantastic too

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
They're great! If you don't have an italic nib, I'd recommend a B Italic.

-Andy

I have more than a few italics. I dont have a stub though. I suppose a B stub is on its way to me. Did i mention this will be my first FC pen?

Last edited:
I have more than a few italics. I dont have a stub though. I suppose a B stub is on its way to me. Did i mention this will be my first FC pen?

Nice. I'm sure you'll love it. Their nibs are great, imo. I'm pretty new to proper tipped stubs and italics. I've got a pen out for a stub grind at the moment, and a Franklin-Christoph broad italic is definitely in my future.

-Andy

How fine is the needlepoint nib? I write very small, and need a very fine line. Most pens like Parker EF are still a little too broad. The best I have found for me is the Pilot EF nibs. They write a small enough line for me. Any help would be gratefully welcomed!
Thank you!

Oh man! I love that color. Too bad I've blown through my FP budget for the next couple months.

So, do I have my wife order my birthday present w/ needle point nib for everyday writing? Or with a stub for fancy, everyday writing? Oh the decisions!

Top Bottom