What's new

Essential Pen Part II

To quote the internet "Shut and take my money!"

Good show fellas, I love the one I got at Christmas and I'm sure I'll love this one too.

I ordered 2, the fountain pen with the medium nib, and the rollerball for work. I love my fountain pens but they aren't the easiest to use when you are typing to take down parts orders.

Hey guys - just back in town. I'm including a sample writing below to show the different nibs. On the needlepoint, I really only recommend that for printing or drawing, or for a very experienced hand with small tips. Otherwise it is likely to feel scratchy.

Same for italics, even though we do cursive italic, if you aren't used to writing a certain way, they can feel scratchy. Stubs much less so. Remember, that F,M and B nibs are the most rounded and feel the smoothest.

Here is a sample sheet that Jim Rouse did in our office. We plan to do a cleaner one and post it on the site soon, but this gives a fairly good idea. View attachment 315064

Sigh... So, i thought this would help... but it doesn't. Now I just want them all. UGH!!

Yeah my medium Italic I thought was scratchy but after a little playing around its actually very smooth... it was a post by Brian about a very light touch with it

Last edited:
Our refill is medium, and writes thicker than you might like. But it's an international standard refill (the 888 or 5888 made by Schmidt) and is available in fine in lots of places. The Office Depot version of the refill is called Floray. We'll likely add it the next time we have refills made as well.

How fine does the roller ball write? If it writes a fine enough line, I may get one of those as well.

Thanks Scott, the team really appreciate your work on this project and how fantastic your customer service has been> Bravo! :thumbup1:

Scott....I love these pens...and I really appreciate ....i'm the moderator with a third grade education...but can I ask you a question?....if you;re posting on here....uh....who'se making da pens ????

LOL

Our refill is medium, and writes thicker than you might like. But it's an international standard refill (the 888 or 5888 made by Schmidt) and is available in fine in lots of places. The Office Depot version of the refill is called Floray. We'll likely add it the next time we have refills made as well.
Thank you for the info...I'd really love a matching set.

Very interested in this pen. Currently only have a Lamy Al-Star in Fine. I really like my current pen, but am interested in trying a M stub. Only, I'm afraid to go broader than the F tip I'm comfortable with. Better to stick with a familiar tip size, or would you say I would likely enjoy a stub just as well? Don't have any experience beyond my Lamy, but this pen looks stellar!

Sorry for being a few days late... but here we go!
$Scan.jpg

Sorry for being a few days late... but here we go!
View attachment 315782
Thanks for posting!! I really don't notice ANY difference at all. Could that just be a result in resolution? I'm thinking my heart is set on a stub, because, from what I've seen it's not very distinguishable from the italic. The biggest difference seems to be scratchiness/comfort of writing. Is this your experience Shane?

So if I'm settled on stub... medium or bold? sigh.

There's definitely a difference, but it's kind of hard to tell at this resolution. The stub is great for writing a lot & it has some variation. The italic definitely has more variation, but it's scratchier & a bit finicky on the angle you hold it at.

I would entertain anyone who is interested in buying the blue barrel (but who really wants the tuxedo black) to swap with me. I have the black but LOVE the way the blue looks. PM me if interested!!

Top Bottom