What's new

eShave Closeout Brush Arrived

I got one of the long handled eShave brushes, with the transparent blue handle.

It even came with a little rope lariat so I can hang it upside down to dry!

Mostly in good shape, with a couple of hairs bent at the side. Have to see if lathering up tomorrow improves the symmetry. Even if it does it by those hairs falling off.

Ah, and the smell of wet badger awaits. Nothing like it to wake a man up in the morning.

I hope it smells better than when my new B&B Finest brush got wet!
It smelled pretty strong; but it might be due to all the badger hair on just the one brush?

I got one of the long handled eShave brushes, with the transparent blue handle.

It even came with a little rope lariat so I can hang it upside down to dry!

Mostly in good shape, with a couple of hairs bent at the side. Have to see if lathering up tomorrow improves the symmetry. Even if it does it by those hairs falling off.

Ah, and the smell of wet badger awaits. Nothing like it to wake a man up in the morning.

I've been thinking of ordering one of these myself-I don't need it but resistance is futile! I'll be looking for your thoughts on it.

Marty

I use and like very much an Eshave pure badger: it retails for $55. I ordered a clearance one, with the green handle for $25. I haven't used it yet but it looks the same. Only difference, the $55 one is labeled "pure badger," while the $25.00 one is not labeled.

Eshave is my favorite shave vendor: outstanding shave creams and after shave, too.

Cheers,
Porcine

The brush is a pure badger brush. If you've used one of these, it performs like the rest, a bit scratchy. But I like a bit of pushback when I'm lathering up.

Lather was good, and the long handle was really nice for getting torque on the whipping action. The brush itself held lather well.

It looks neat, and has a little removable lasso cord to hang it with the hair down from a convenient shower faucet or spigot. And the price was right.

All in all, not a bad investment for the price. I lost one hair in the lather, but that's par for the course for brushes at this price range, I think. The super long handle makes the brush for me, I can get a lot more control on my lathering actions that way. It was the main reason why I got it.

This brush has been losing hairs for me sporadically over the week I've been using it. I might be able to blame some of it on my cat jumping in the bathtub and using her paw to bring the smelly fur closer to her nose for an inspection, but I don't think that explains all of it.

I will continue to look at it this week and then perhaps write eShave a letter. Since it's a clearance, I doubt there are any warranties with it, but still...

V

VR6ofpain

I picked up one off eBay for $30:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom