What's new

Erik Anton Berg Razor

I think I need serious help. I don't shave with a straight and don't have any real intention of doing so anytime real soon (still working on my DE skills). But I can't help buying the damn things. They are so beautiful. I was on a DE antique mall crawl today and came across this one and snagged it for 18 bucks as it seemed in very good shape. Edge is real nice and only a couple of spots on the side of the blade. I'd be interested and grateful if anyone could describe what this thing is for me. I measured and it seems to be either a 7/8 or 13/16 blade, but if anyone could give other information (possible age, type, etc. I'm not even familiar with the nomenclature but am trying to learn).

I'd like to know what I picked up as for the time being it is mainly going to be something for me to look at and go "oooooooh"

proxy.php

Except to say that is a damned fine blade. If I could pick up blades like that cheaply I would be a happy chappie.

R

Mmmmmm Swedish steel! Eric Anton Berg made some very nice shaving straights (and other hand tools such as planes and draw knives). Consider yourself a lucky guy: you don't see many that size. On top of that it appears to be in very good condition.

Top Bottom