What's new

Erasmic cream, good stuff.

I discovered this shave cream a couple of years ago, but I haven't used it much lately. I used it today again and it is a really good cream. It contains glycerin and chamomile, so it feels good on your skin. It easily makes a great lather in no time and is very slick. This is good stuff. This can be hard to find. Amazon and Shave Nation do carry it. Give it a try, I think you will like it.

Erasmic_Thorn.JPG

I've seen this in places like Savers and Bodycare in the UK, I would like to try it!! There is a soap and a brush too!

It's good stuff. Still sold in a lot of pharmacies in the UK along with a Glycerine soap which is basic but also good

I guess there is not much interest in this really good cream. I'm telling you guys & gals, this is great stuff.
I was thinking of trying it but was worried it had become discontinued and didn't want to fall in love with it only to find that 1 year down the line there would be none available. I can't seem to find an Erasmic website and about a month ago Amazon UK was selling it for almost half price which made me worry that demand was dwindling. But I've heard nothing but good things about it so hopefully I'm wrong

I was thinking of trying it but was worried it had become discontinued and didn't want to fall in love with it only to find that 1 year down the line there would be none available. I can't seem to find an Erasmic website and about a month ago Amazon UK was selling it for almost half price which made me worry that demand was dwindling. But I've heard nothing but good things about it so hopefully I'm wrong
No where have I seen that it was discontinued. It's really good, cheap and makes a great lather. As I said above, you can get it at Amazon and Shave Nation. Here is a link.

I recently picked up a tube of this. It used to be a "drugstore" staple in the UK and whilst it seems to have disappeared from them, it is stocked plentifully in my local "Savers" (branches to be found on a dying high street near you).

It's £1.25 a tube, which makes it comparable in cost to Palmolive. Performance is impressive - I haven't used it enough yet to rank it in reference to other creams I use, but it's definitely a good 'un.

It used to be really widespread but disappeared from retailers in recent years.
Never tried the cream, but the shaving soap is nice and has a good scent.

It’s been several years since I used it. It was in a metal tube then. It performed very well. The scent reminded me of barrier cream. Very good post shave conditioning.

I have an older tube ( think 5-6 years old ) of Erasmic shave cream. I also used to have the shave stick. Both had a nice lemony/soapy scent that I enjoyed, and both shaved perfectly well. If this newer tube is the same it is indeed a very nice bargain shaver.

Over 10 years ago there was Erasmic cream in a silver metal tube with a red cap. It was made in Jordan and had a very nice barbershop + citrus scent.

Unfortunately those types of tubes are not good for long term storage and I had to toss mine. I should have transferred the cream to a plastic bowl or something. Anyway that was a very good cream, kinda underrated.

I'm not sure if the newer cream is anything like it. I seem to remember reports that it was quite different.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Over 10 years ago there was Erasmic cream in a silver metal tube with a red cap. It was made in Jordan and had a very nice barbershop + citrus scent.

Unfortunately those types of tubes are not good for long term storage and I had to toss mine. I should have transferred the cream to a plastic bowl or something. Anyway that was a very good cream, kinda underrated.

I'm not sure if the newer cream is anything like it. I seem to remember reports that it was quite different.

I've only tried the one in the plastic tube, which I got for £1. Far better performance in my opinion than the samples of well known London brands of cream I had tried. I've got a couple of spare tubes of Erasmic set aside, along with about half a dozen sticks of Palmolive, a tallow Mitchells cake, and several other soaps laid away in a box in the wardrobe, but none open at the moment.

IMG_20231019_001539.jpg

The only cream I've tried which I liked as much, is St James of London Black Pepper and Lime, which is 20x the price. So long as Erasmic keeps going, that will be my cream of choice from here on, although aside from a nearly empty jar of St James of London, I've been working through a pile of about 8 or 9 tub soaps for most of my shaves in the last year or so.

There is a tub of the Erasmic soap in that stash box too, but I haven't tried it yet.

interesting, i am from jordan and ive tried this cream. Was not impressed.
Edit: after going through B&B it seems like jordanian Erasmic is all the rage for some reason (something something about original formula), im pretty sure it is avaliable here on the shelves (dollar stores, supermarkets) for Approx. $0.7 and in two differant variants (black and red)
we'll go and get both to try out , maybe make a thread about it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom