What's new

Er -- um -- Olay Beauty Bar -- Shea Butter

Today, out of curiosity, I grated about half a bar of an "Olay Beauty Bar" into a shaving bowl and gave it a whirl.

It was pretty slick, but seemed to fade fast. I had to re-lather my neck after shaving my cheeks. Pretty slick, might work in a pinch.

But fades fast. Way too fast.

Seems I saw in an old B&W movie somebody using a brush directly on a bar of soap, hence my attempt today.

This whole thing was brought about by how difficult it is to get Tabac shaving soap in a timely fashion at a good price.

Seems I saw in an old B&W movie somebody using a brush directly on a bar of soap, hence my attempt today.

This whole thing was brought about by how difficult it is to get Tabac shaving soap in a timely fashion at a good price.

I would go with Tabac!! But what do I know??

A very long time ago, probably as a teen or in my early 20's I lathered up using Ivory Soap. I wasn't using brushes back then so I just used my hands and then spread it around on my face. Shaved with a Bic disposable or an Atra. It worked. Not well. But it worked.

I would go with Tabac!! But what do I know??

Well I want to use Tabac, too! I just don't want to spend $25US to get a single puck, but if i go with a lower price on Amazon they might decide to ship it for the Christmas rush!

I have used Yardley of London Cocoa Butter soap. It works reasonable well. It is plenty slick and the cocoa butter and Shea butter give it an excellent post-shave. The density of the lather is not a good as I like for skin protection. However, that is typical of most bath and face bar soaps.

Well I want to use Tabac, too! I just don't want to spend $25US to get a single puck, but if i go with a lower price on Amazon they might decide to ship it for the Christmas rush!

Well, if you order enough stuff you get ‘free’ shipping!!

Use it in a superlather with a cream that isn't as slick as you'd like.

I tried it this morning with some Bigelow cream from Bed Bath and Beyond.

Let me just say it wasn't the best. The Bigelow didn't improve the Olay, the Olay dragged down the Bigelow.

Top Bottom