What's new

Epsilon two band fan badger vs Simpsons chubby 2 best badger

Hi good people,

Can you all please help me with this. How do you compare an Epsilon two band fan badger 49/26mm with a Simpson chubby 2 best. Which one will you chose if you had to. Looking for a face lathering brush which should be dense, soft tips and backbone.

Thanks in advance,

Harish

I don’t have the Simpsons, but my Epsilon matches what you are looking for. The tips are lightly gelled and I thought I would hate it, but it feels great on face. It’s a real bargain for what you get!

I don’t have the Simpsons, but my Epsilon matches what you are looking for. The tips are lightly gelled and I thought I would hate it, but it feels great on face. It’s a real bargain for what you get!
Thank you so much. Which spec do you have loft/size? Mind sharing some pics of the same. Did it splay?

Thank you so much. Which spec do you have loft/size? Mind sharing some pics of the same. Did it splay?
Sorry to repost an older photo, I need to get a new one that focuses on the brush.

full

It's the spec that you listed above and my measurements confirm that. It doesn't really splay much, but it kind of feels like it is because of the soft tips. This is one of those brushes that I use with a light touch for face lathering and it has plenty of scrub for that. I have another Epsilon that is three band Silvertip, but it's nearly unobtanium. It cost fully double this one, is huge, soft and splays perfectly. It is more of a hybrid fan shape, this one is definitely a fan.

Sorry to repost an older photo, I need to get a new one that focuses on the brush.

full

It's the spec that you listed above and my measurements confirm that. It doesn't really splay much, but it kind of feels like it is because of the soft tips. This is one of those brushes that I use with a light touch for face lathering and it has plenty of scrub for that. I have another Epsilon that is three band Silvertip, but it's nearly unobtanium. It cost fully double this one, is huge, soft and splays perfectly. It is more of a hybrid fan shape, this one is definitely a fan.
@APBinNCA, thanks so much for for your detailed replies. I have ordered the 49/26mm fan 2 band from G&C, they were running it at a 30% discount. @Rudy Vey also talks highly about the brush. Hopefully it will be worth a blind buy. I have generally noticed that the European manufacturers of shaving products (except a handful) are not really appreciated. All the discussions seem to be around the American and select European manufacturers (be it hardware or software). However I have really enjoyed exploring the lesser known (relatively) European brands and have been pleasantly surprised by their performance.

Cheers,

Harish

Top Bottom