What's new

English Leather

English Leather is back in stock on Dana's website. $12.50/100ml. Should probably start showing up in stores in a few days.

I noticed because Walmart has British Sterling again, which is also made by Dana and has also been out of stock all summer.

English Leather is back in stock on Dana's website. $12.50/100ml. Should probably start showing up in stores in a few days.

I noticed because Walmart has British Sterling again, which is also made by Dana and has also been out of stock all summer.

The 3.4 ounce (100ml) is about $7.50 at Walmart.

I was at my Wally World earlier this morning and found a bottle of English Leather aftershave for $7.98 for a 3.4 oz bottle. It took a while for me to find it in the fragrance aisle as it was buried in the bottom left corner of the display case that an employee had to unlock. I’m a very happy wet shaver now:001_302:.

I have an 8 ounce bottle of MEM English Leather that I can only describe as being ancient. The address on the bottle is New York, New York and every other bottle I've ever seen says New Jersey. I don't know when the company moved.
It does smell a bit different than my current production Dana product, but the base notes are very similar. I'm guessing 50 plus years in a glass bottle have toned down the alcohol quite a bit, so the top notes are different. Either way I'm glad to know they put it back into production.

I used a bottle of English Leather up last year. It was an older bottle from the 80s. I have a bottle of wind drift and timberline that I plan to use. I found the scent to be fitting for colder parts of the year as it had some warm notes.

M

Member 113878

The vintage stuff was much sweeter than the modern.
And I think it was meant for ladies if I’m not mistaken.
Like Old Spice.

I find it odd that third party retailers on Amazon still have ridiculous prices for this product. I still haven't seen any show up locally, but I am hoping some drug stores stock at least some gift sets with the holidays coming. I didn't purchase any last year and sure enough then the grief hiatus happened, and I have been without this classic for a while now :001_unsur

I find it odd that third party retailers on Amazon still have ridiculous prices for this product. I still haven't seen any show up locally, but I am hoping some drug stores stock at least some gift sets with the holidays coming. I didn't purchase any last year and sure enough then the grief hiatus happened, and I have been without this classic for a while now :001_unsur

Do you have to shop Amazon? AFAIK the only retailer to carry it is Walmart. Mine got some in a couple weeks ago, $8 per bottle.

We have a drug store chain in Ohio (Discount Drug Mart) that has had it all along. I made sure to stock up. I can't imagine people were paying upwards of $40-$70 a bottle on Amazon. I actually find the new formulation to be very nice. The bottles have been redesigned in the past few years (no sticker, just "English Leather" printed directly on the bottle). I have no idea if this version is different than the first post-MEM Dana versions. To my nose it's close enough to the vintage that I don't worry about using up my old MEM bottle. To me, the new bottles don't quite hit as hard with the leather as the MEM. The new stuff is just a little sweeter, esp. in the dry down.

I picked up this nice set of MEM at the local thrift store today. Looks like the cologne is a couple splashes shy of full but I ain't complaining for the $1.99 price tag. 20190112_002013.jpg

My father as well had an ample supply of this and Old Spice in the bathroom. I can remember as a kid loving the wooden caps on the bottles.

Top Bottom